Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 months. I know it's early, but she's my first and I feel like I can't do anything right. Temporarily staying at the birds maws, new job and I actually dread coming home at night because I offer no real support and feel like bursting her maws nut in.

Regularly consider just firing the motor full pelt up one of those ramped barriers at the side of the road.

Think the petty thing is me tbh. I'm in a bad way.

That's not good. Go to the docs for a chat.

4 months. I know it's early, but she's my first and I feel like I can't do anything right. Temporarily staying at the birds maws, new job and I actually dread coming home at night because I offer no real support and feel like bursting her maws nut in.

Regularly consider just firing the motor full pelt up one of those ramped barriers at the side of the road.

Chief give it time. She's still a wee baby at that age.

My wee one is 17 months and the last 6 months have been the really good bit. And its only in the last two weeks that she's become a daddy's girl. Up until that point she was all about her mum.

Keep it together, she can't tell you yet but she needs you. In no time she'll be your best pal!

Cheers for the advice guys. I'll be heading to the docs at some point (need time off due to working hours and I'm still in the initial probationary period) and they'll hopefully sort something out.

Makes me feel like I'm not actually a man.

Cheers for the advice guys. I'll be heading to the docs at some point (need time off due to working hours and I'm still in the initial probationary period) and they'll hopefully sort something out.

Makes me feel like I'm not actually a man.

I think a lot of dads feel a bit of difficulty in the early stages. You can't breastfeed, everyone asks how mum is feeling and the visitors come round to see the baby, not you. You don't even get maternity leave, so you're carrying on with work while mum spends more time with your daughter. I'd say it's BECAUSE you're a man you feel this way! Don't be too hard on yourself. You'd be a far worse dad if you didn't care about feeling a bit disconnected.

You can get yourself a bit more involved. It's a myth that everyone instantly feels that bond. Many don't and they need to try a bit harder to find it. Baths, nappy changes, cuddles and taking on the bedtime routine are all good places to start. You might feel a bit of an idiot at first, reading books and singing lullabies to someone who doesn't have the first clue what you're talking about but she'll love it. And you soon stop feeling daft when your baby looks at you with pure adoration written all over her face.

Go and see the Doctor, if nothing else it'll be good to get it off your chest.

Young babies are all about their mother. Its biology. Its horrible at times but they get past it. Stick at it. :)

f**k off what do you think this is? Facebook?

Edited by thisal

f**k off what do you think this is? Facebook?

No, but it would appear you think it is. Another keyboard warrior. FWIW the guy never typed that until he was asked to expand on his initial statement.

People (mostly those living in London) who say "yes so I'm going up to Scotland next week".

Just fucking tell me where in Scotland. Or are you going to the whole of Scotland you arsehole. No, you're going to Elgin.

My sister is one of these people.

I can see why it pisses you off but in their defence it's a small place compared to London (population wise certainly) so I can see why they just class it as one area (however annoying that may be).

What annoys me more is when Scots are on tv and say they come from Scotland rather than say the town or City.

I can see why it pisses you off but in their defence it's a small place compared to London (population wise certainly) so I can see why they just class it as one area (however annoying that may be).

What annoys me more is when Scots are on tv and say they come from Scotland rather than say the town or City.

I was assuming that Mozza's sister is also Scottish so I could see his annoyance there.

And even Londoners must realise that Scotland is made up of many cities, towns and villages that are all pretty distinct from each other.

This.

Or when the presenter says "welcome to show, Jimmy from Perth in Scotland"