Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

And does rain seriously stop you doing those things?!

Despite the fact I have good quality waterproofs, walking for 8 hrs in the rain is not particularly pleasant.

If you don't understand that walking in good weather is more enjoyable than when it's raining then you're either mentally retarded or just not wanting to backtrack

Tell us more about your dogging please...............?

Please don't! Dogging's always sounded rank to me, and nothing in my extensive studies has caused me to change my mind :ph34r:

People who call me on the landline at work, and assume that I will know - and/or care - who they are. Tell me who you are, FFS, and don't be so presumptious as to believe that I'll recognise your voice!

It is even more annoying if a work colleague does this and adds, "hi, it's me....". Really?!?! And who the f'ck would you be then?

The correct reply is "No. You're not me!"

I finish my shift at 7am and am picking up a hire car at 9am. I was planning to go for a swim in between but the baths next to my work don't open until 8am. Warrender Baths open at 6am but it'll be a pain getting up there and then out to Sighthill for the car. I could end up just sitting about doing nothing for two hours.

FML.

How? What difference does the weather make to someone sitting in an office?

Or if it's a weekend would you really not go to the football for example if it's raining?

Very little presumably, but you're just focusing on a certain group of people who sit indoors. What about people who work outdoors? I'm sure they'll care if there's a hurricane.

I would still go to the football if it was raining but I wouldn't go to the zoo. I'd go to the cinema if there was a blizzard but I wouldn't go hillwalking.

When you see something you like as part of a set (e.g. really nice tie with a suit set) but the store doesn't stock it by itself.

This leads on to shop 'assistants' who are reluctant to do help with or do anything other than work the tills and count stock.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Very little presumably, but you're just focusing on a certain group of people who sit indoors. What about people who work outdoors? I'm sure they'll care if there's a hurricane.

I would still go to the football if it was raining but I wouldn't go to the zoo. I'd go to the cinema if there was a blizzard but I wouldn't go hillwalking.

Whilst this is true, I'd imagine that the people that the weather truely affects are in the minority.

Walking down to the station today, I genuinely thought "thank f*** I'm not hill walking in this (which was the alternative to the fitba the btw), far too hot for me" so the whole 'glorious day' can work the opposite way for outdoor enthusiasts.

Without getting into the zillion other exceptions which could be made, the point still stands that a weather presenter's 'news' is simply their own (needlessly depressing) opinion which they're pushing onto the nation and that's the pttgoyn. Additionally, that's hardly going to help the numerous clinically depressed folk which could do without the nonsense of being told to brace themselves for a "miserable week ahead". I'd imagine this is a strong underlying point in DA's initial post.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I was thinking of going out today, but it's uncool to look at the weather, so I'm going to guess and wear my arctic parka. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Something which I've wondered and I'll find out shortly today: Do people still wear club scarves to the game on baking hot days?

Something which I've wondered and I'll find out shortly today: Do people still wear club scarves to the game on baking hot days?

I did on Thursday night, might not do it again, spent more time using it as a fan

Always wear my scarf, no matter what the weather. Expected to be warm at Gayf today

I did on Thursday night, might not do it again, spent more time using it as a fan

Good factor 100 sunscreen for the neck mind.

Which on the subject of that combined with forecasters reminds me... the sudden jump from suncream to the Americanised 'sunscreen'. I know the latter makes more sense these days as I used a spray over cream today, but still just another term being acquired.

Sun cream is just horrible, horrible stuff, especially if you're one of those hairy armed folk like me that you just can't rub it through. I'm not designed for this tropical weather. :(

Why would you put cream on a hill?

For the dark rocks. Every year at least 5 people sit on them and acquire thigh burns that prevent them walking which then traps them on the hill and causes them to die when the weather suddenly turns from flaming hot to extremely cold.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Good factor 100 sunscreen for the neck mind.

Which on the subject of that combined with forecasters reminds me... the sudden jump from suncream to the Americanised 'sunscreen'. I know the latter makes more sense these days as I used a spray over cream today, but still just another term being acquired.

Sun cream is just horrible, horrible stuff, especially if you're one of those hairy armed folk like me that you just can't rub it through. I'm not designed for this tropical weather. :(

For the dark rocks. Every year at least 5 people sit on them and acquire thigh burns that prevent them walking which then traps them on the hill and causes them to die when the weather suddenly turns from flaming hot to extremely cold.

I would leave anyone that goes hillwalking to die anyway.

This is now the third time on a trot I've got a Citylink bus on the Aberdeen to Edinburgh route and the bus has been delayed for over half an hour because of their reliance on using the Inverness bus transfer at Broxden (yet another A9 accident hold-up). My own fault for gambling I suppose but still...3 times??!

No way I'll be getting to Cowden on time for our game now. :(

Staff are pretty useless too when they just presume everyone leaving a bus knows all the info they've been given. And that's not mentioning boarding at Aberdeen. Every single time there are scores of folk unsure of which bus / queue is for Glasgow or Edinburgh due to the complete lack of communication and omission from the bus station screens. Always my good deed for the day when I work as a volunteer for Stagecoach by making sure old biddies don't miss out on their trip to the zoo.

Eta: F***. Just realised that I'm probably going to miss out on my greatly anticipated Stephen's steak bridie lunch!!! :angry:

Always wear my scarf, no matter what the weather. Expected to be warm at Gayf today

It'll be cracking if there's the cooling onshore wind. Was blue skies in Aberdeen but when I got to Perth it looked cloudy, dull and cold. How wrong I was when I left the air-conditioned coach and was hit by the blast of heat. Not felt that feeling in Scotland for a long time. Edited by Hedgecutter