Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm all set to start a new job on Monday, having completed a mass amount of paperwork for it, background checks etc. which is fine, I'm looking forward to something different.

Only for some fucking HR woman to phone me this afternoon because I hadn't supplied an official email address for a reference in a job I'd had nearly 6 years ago. I asked if it was important and if so she could just phone the number I'd left. Nope, she was insistent I had to supply my line manager's official email address.

I'd have loved to have seen her face when I told her we would both struggle there as he died a few months after I left.

These moronic lists that pop up everywhere, especially at the bottom of newspaper websites as links to totally inane 'news' sites:

7 Funny pictures of sheep

11 Things you didn't know about Miley Cyrus

8 Ways to improve your pension

To be fair, some of the movie ones make for good reading when you're alone, bored and having literally nothing else to do with life

Both entrances to Clyde Tunnel pedestrian footpath closed and locked after deciding to go for a healthy walk home after the TT at Scotstoun. Found the first one and it had a big arrow pointing to the other entrance a fair dod away. Both equally shut.

There are a cornucopia of purple signs around the city giving people directions... in Castlemilk they have signs every few hundred metres telling people the blindingly obvious. Yet not one fecking sign telling you that if you're wanting to cross the Clyde by foot, you're in for a long long stoat to the Squinty Bridge.

Arseholes.

Folk who pronounce Kenya 'Keen-ya'.

For all I know that could be the correct pronounciation, but it irritates me

My mum does that. She also pronounced Matt Damon's name as "Dah-mon" the other day. Fucking baffling.

I'm all set to start a new job on Monday, having completed a mass amount of paperwork for it, background checks etc. which is fine, I'm looking forward to something different.

Only for some fucking HR woman to phone me this afternoon because I hadn't supplied an official email address for a reference in a job I'd had nearly 6 years ago. I asked if it was important and if so she could just phone the number I'd left. Nope, she was insistent I had to supply my line manager's official email address.

I'd have loved to have seen her face when I told her we would both struggle there as he died a few months after I left.

This is almost verbatim the issues I'm trying to sort out with my new job. It's a fucking nightmare; security checks, fucking utility bills, references from companies I haven't worked for in 5 years who probably won't even remember me.

This is almost verbatim the issues I'm trying to sort out with my new job. It's a fucking nightmare; security checks, fucking utility bills, references from companies I haven't worked for in 5 years who probably won't even remember me.

I understand that it's pretty important to check out my work history to a certain extent but I fail to see the relevance in pestering someone I've never met about a job completely unrelated to what I'm starting, which I left over 4 years ago.

See also; the difficulty in attaining a utility bill when everything is paperless and you don't have a printer - the only thing I have is our landline bill which is still in my wife's maiden name. I want my 20p from the library back. :(

c***s who come in to your work and think they know more than you.

Or the same ones that go 'Awww, am no gawn back tae Starbucks until they pay thur taxes, I happily go in and tell thum thit am no buyin until they pay tax ROLFLOLMAO'.

f**k off.

^^^^ works in starbucks and dosent know what he is doing

Speaking of Starbucks.

Thing that gets me is the look on people's face when you do a random act of kindness.

Payed for a guy's coffee in Starbucks when he started fumbling about for his wallet.

Looked at me like WTF?