Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Online recruitment sites that recycle the same jobs again and again. I've seen jobs advertised today that I'm on the third stage of the interview process for and others that I know have been filled.

While I'm at it, job descriptions that waffle on and on without actually telling you what the job is.

My gripe is with people who buy "etc" leaving their car blocking a pump whilst doing so.

They should move their car first.

Whenever you see CCTV footage of people leaving petrol stations without paying, a member of staff usually comes tearing out after the car for some reason. I figure that most people would expect something along those lines and could do without the humiliation.

My gripe is with people who buy "etc" leaving their car blocking a pump whilst doing so.

At larger petrol stations you could then have a queue of 10 people blocking the exit, especially if they decide to browse in the shop.

Imagine the seethe if they could have paid at the pump instead!

In fact, it's a great idea - the meltdown potential is endless.

People complaining about the water wasted doing the ice bucket challenge, think of the people in Africa etc..

Now I'd reckon they'd have a point if the water we didn't use here was transported to these places.

It's not.

If I've understood correctly then this gripe makes no sense at all. The people who wait aren't blocking anyone, no idea why folk would get annoyed by them tbh.

==================pump3====pump4============

==================car=======free==============

==================car========car=============

==================pump1=====pump2===========

Bawbag sits at front of queue and doesn't go to pump 4 on the LHS because they can't pull a hose more than a few inches and their cap is on the nearside.

Instead they wait for 1 & 2 to clear completely holding up people for no reason.

FFS.

Am I missing something? Folk are saying people should fill their cars up, then move them away from the pump before going into pay? What possible advantage does this have?

It's been mentioned before (probably by me) but people in the left-hand lane indicating right to go straight ahead at roundabouts.

Some daft bint did it today. Being courteous, I hung back cos I thought she wanted in my lane. Nope. Straight ahead. Then I watched her do exactly the same thing at the next two roundabouts. I then overtook her and tried to explain to her via sign language in the split second that I was beside her what she was doing wrong.

(I think it was opening and closing the hand to represent an indicator, pointing straight ahead and then a wagging finger).

I'm sure she's learned her lesson.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Guest The Phoenix

I like to sit waiting for the pump that matches up to my side of the car so that I can perv on the girls in tight trousers who are obviously gagging on it.

News just in...

0.jpg

I like to sit waiting for the pump that matches up to my side of the car so that I can perv on the girls in tight trousers who are obviously gagging on it.

Gagging on the pump? FFS, where exactly do you fill up?

I vaguely remember a film about aliens that drank petrol; is this related?

It's been mentioned before (probably by me) but people in the left-hand lane indicating right to go straight ahead at roundabouts.

Some daft bint did it today. Being courteous, I hung back cos I thought she wanted in my lane. Nope. Straight ahead. Then I watched her do exactly the same thing at the next two roundabouts. I then overtook her and tried to explain to her via sign language in the split second that I was beside her what she was doing wrong.
(I think it was opening and closing the hand to represent an indicator, pointing straight ahead and then a wagging finger).
I'm sure she's learned her lesson.

A few more hours in the boot and I'm sure she'll be singing from the same hymn sheet.

==================pump3====pump4============

==================car=======free==============

==================car========car=============

==================pump1=====pump2===========

Bawbag sits at front of queue and doesn't go to pump 4 on the LHS because they can't pull a hose more than a few inches and their cap is on the nearside.

Instead they wait for 1 & 2 to clear completely holding up people for no reason.

FFS.

What happens if there are people at pumps 2 and 4 standing on the wrong side (ie in the space rather than the pump side) and the space is at pump 1 or 3? Should I plow through them on my way to the front pumps?