Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People on the street or in shopping Malls that lack the skills to walk briskly in a straight line, love to suddenly stop or who walk 5 abreast at 0.5 miles per hour should be taken to some kind of internment camp before being disembowelled on prime time tv

Y'know, after being in town this afternoon, I was going to post pretty much this. It's worse this time of year, I reckon down to the punters who only come into town a couple of times a year and who have completely lost the ability to function in crowds.

To the three-abreast crawl and the sudden stop already mentioned, you can add the 90 degree turn with no warning, immediately followed by the dirty look as the 15 people walking behind pile into them, and the punters who go to walk out of a shop then freeze in the doorway for ten seconds as the sensory overload short circuits them.

Y'know, after being in town this afternoon, I was going to post pretty much this. It's worse this time of year, I reckon down to the punters who only come into town a couple of times a year and who have completely lost the ability to function in crowds.

To the three-abreast crawl and the sudden stop already mentioned, you can add the 90 degree turn with no warning, immediately followed by the dirty look as the 15 people walking behind pile into them, and the punters who go to walk out of a shop then freeze in the doorway for ten seconds as the sensory overload short circuits them.

These types on public transport are even worse

On the street there's generally enough ways to get round them, when you're surrounded on the Subway by people who have never used the Subway since the last time they were out buying shit for annoying family members, fucking hell.

I'm up at half 4 for work and should be absolutely shattered just now. Nope. Slept well from half 10 till 3 and somehow I'm not tired. Just waiting till half 4 to get up. This is ridiculous.

Put the "highlights" of Saturdays game on a loop and count the goals.

Put the "highlights" of Saturdays game on a loop and count the goals.

I want to sleep. Not have nightmares.

Anyway I've just admitted defeat and got out of bed. This has genuinely never happened to me before. I'm usually really bad for getting up early in the morning. Finish at half 1 today so I'll end up falling asleep when I'm home then have this problem tomorrow again.

On the subject of folk who cant operate on a crowded street.

The worst are the diagonal drifters, walk a litte too slowly but not in a straight line, slowly drifting from one side of the pavement to the other. How fucking hard is it to walk in a straight line. c***s.

The worst are the diagonal drifters, walk a litte too slowly but not in a straight line, slowly drifting from one side of the pavement to the other. How fucking hard is it to walk in a straight line. c***s.

Usually in Dundee it's directionally proportional to the amount of smack/drink/meth* consumed

*delete as appropriate

Guilty.

I'm genuinely incapable of walking in a straight line. Don't know why, but I can't do it :lol:. I'm an absolute nightmare if you're walking beside me.

On the walking down the street thing, today I encountered the situation where I walking alongside / slightly behind an old woman and there was another girl walking in our direction. Easiest thing to do was for me to stand behind the old wifey, leaving plenty of open pavement space for the oncoming girl. What does she do however? Walk straight along 'our line' and start doing the Pavement Disco with the old wifey, seemingly expecting us both to move for her. :wacko: