Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Came out of work this morning both seething and on verge of tears. Duty manager absolute hounded me and I stood there wondering what he was talking about. After several 'ehs' he finally realised he had the wrong person. Instead of apologising he ended up going daft because I said something along the lines of "if I spoke to any worker here like that, I'd be pretty ashamed of myself". Next thing, Kevin to the managers office. After a long talk she established that he was the bawbag and we would just move on. Can't help but think if it was the other way around I would be sent packing. Absolutely fuming that he got away with it despite being a massive p***k.

Had some supervisor getting on my case a few weeks back. Had some bad news coming into work, must've looked pissed off and they picked up on it.

Started a massive rant about 'do you want to work here' 'go somewhere else' 'it's not so bad' I let them make a complete tool of themselves then told them about the bad news. Absolute twat just melted and apologised. TBH I should've went to HR about it.

Like you if it was the other way round, have seen them swear at people etc.

Vomited blood at about 9pm and got ambulanced to hospital. Been waiting hours and still not been seen yet.

I was at the doctor yesterday because it keeps coming out of the other end. Ebola has clearly digitised itself and been uploaded to P&B via one of the banner ads.

Are you still with us, Pete? Pete? PEEEETE?!

Vomited blood at about 9pm and got ambulanced to hospital. Been waiting hours and still not been seen yet.

Shitebag. When i vomited blood i cried down the phone to my mum then got a taxi to the hospital.. None of this ambulance pish

Feel better soon xoxo

Came out of work this morning both seething and on verge of tears. Duty manager absolute hounded me and I stood there wondering what he was talking about. After several 'ehs' he finally realised he had the wrong person. Instead of apologising he ended up going daft because I said something along the lines of "if I spoke to any worker here like that, I'd be pretty ashamed of myself". Next thing, Kevin to the managers office. After a long talk she established that he was the bawbag and we would just move on. Can't help but think if it was the other way around I would be sent packing. Absolutely fuming that he got away with it despite being a massive p***k.

Go to his superiors or HR and demand an apology from him. If you don't, a few weeks down the line you'll be thinking "I can't believe I let that p***k talk to me like that". Don't worry about getting shafted or any repercussions at work after it - if anything changes in your job to make your job harder/worse, tell them you are documenting it and will be claiming for constructive dismissal if your job becomes unbearable. If you then lose your case, wait outside of work for him one day and batter f**k out of him.

Go to his superiors or HR and demand an apology from him. If you don't, a few weeks down the line you'll be thinking "I can't believe I let that p***k talk to me like that". Don't worry about getting shafted or any repercussions at work after it - if anything changes in your job to make your job harder/worse, tell them you are documenting it and will be claiming for constructive dismissal if your job becomes unbearable. If you then lose your case, wait outside of work for him one day and batter f**k out of him.

I'd be tempted just to jump straight to the last bit.

Take it from someone who tried to stand up to a bullying boss. Do not go to HR. They are only there to protect the interests of the company. They will try to railroad you into accepting the blame.

I documented four years worth of comments, incidents and the like and one day when I stood up for myself against him he went behind my back and grassed me up to HR and his boss and I was then invited to a kangaroo court where the decision was already made. I was accused of being paranoid, not allowed to even see what I was accused of, not allowed to give evidence (even asked where I kept it), interrupted by impartial note taker from HR.

I ended up having to apologise to them, absolutely crazy.

Then you ask yourself - what did you expect to happen?

Yes, you are correct. Your boss is bullying you. You are entitled to sue the company for failing to provide duty of care. Take a few weeks of and here's some free therapy to recover from it. Also thought I would let you know that the bullying comes right from the top ultimately because we are dysfunctional, toxic and unprofessional and as long as profits don't suffer we don't care. Just as long as nobody tries to point it out.

:1eye

You ok hunni?

Seriously though man, that's a cliffhanger of a post right there.

Yeah. I think we're all waiting to hear why type of sirens were used

Take it from someone who tried to stand up to a bullying boss. Do not go to HR. They are only there to protect the interests of the company. They will try to railroad you into accepting the blame.

I documented four years worth of comments, incidents and the like and one day when I stood up for myself against him he went behind my back and grassed me up to HR and his boss and I was then invited to a kangaroo court where the decision was already made. I was accused of being paranoid, not allowed to even see what I was accused of, not allowed to give evidence (even asked where I kept it), interrupted by impartial note taker from HR.

I ended up having to apologise to them, absolutely crazy.

Then you ask yourself - what did you expect to happen?

Yes, you are correct. Your boss is bullying you. You are entitled to sue the company for failing to provide duty of care. Take a few weeks of and here's some free therapy to recover from it. Also thought I would let you know that the bullying comes right from the top ultimately because we are dysfunctional, toxic and unprofessional and as long as profits don't suffer we don't care. Just as long as nobody tries to point it out.

:1eye

Did they put their cigarettes out on you aswell?

Did they put their cigarettes out on you aswell?

I wish it was like school bullying but when your livelihood, mortgage and sanity is being put on the line it's hard to stand up to subtle acts of aggression.

If it was in the street or whatever then sure, it would have escalated into violence pretty quickly. If you tried that at work then these shitebags win. They have no interest in playing fair and have rigged the fight before it even begins.

Worker shows up toxic environment for what it is>>shames boss>>boss feels angry>>invents stuff makes worker out to be a problem>>boss' boss now backs boss>>boss begins attack>>worker fights back>>boss is backed by his boss>>worker leaves>>boss starts process again but is never taken to task despite cost to company.

How can you fight that?