Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't hate working, and I don't hate customers. Quite the opposite in fact. Got to be professional - I can't moan at customers if they turn up at awkward times. The other guy i work with (who is the foreman) is an ex-navy butthead lookalike who barely acknowledges the people he serves and his personality matches that of a blackboard. I'll happily talk to and have a bit of banter and a laugh and a chat about football with most of the customers. In fact most of them come to me rather than the other guy.

I don't hate working, and I don't hate customers. Quite the opposite in fact. Got to be professional - I can't moan at customers if they turn up at awkward times. The other guy i work with (who is the foreman) is an ex-navy butthead lookalike who barely acknowledges the people he serves and his personality matches that of a blackboard. I'll happily talk to and have a bit of banter and a laugh and a chat about football with most of the customers. In fact most of them come to me rather than the other guy.

"Awkward times", ie within your opening hours?

:lol: fucking hell.

I work in a hospital from 8-4 and I sorta see where philpy is coming from, when people have the audacity to get admitted into the wards at like 3.55 I almost go down and end their lives myself. Making me run around the hospital at that time is not at all fair.

All this moaning about working hours. All I can say is, thanks f**k for flexi-time. What a godsend!

Ohh and 2pm is ok for lunch. My lunch times this far this month have ranged from 12 - 3.45pm. So yeah diddums.

Flexi time is honestly unreal. I absolutely love it. Doesn't even feel like I work as I just come and go as and when I please. 8)

Pray for philpy. He's been nose to the grindstone for over a hour this morning without so much as a sniff of a Mars Bar.

He's bound to have had a "cuppa on the run" by now. And maybe the advice on here will see him thinking about going for lunch just now, while he's not too busy.

Heaven forbid he has to wait until 2 for his lunch! :lol: