Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A friend of mine emigrated to Melbourne. Within a few weeks he was sounding like Crocodile Dundee and yet, to this day if I phone and his wife answers you would think she had never left Glasgow.

They emigrated in 1980!

A golfing mate of mine spent 2 weeks in New York back in the mid- 90's.

To this day whenever, and wherever we are eating, he always has to summon a waitress over to our table and ask :

"Honey, could I please have some ketchup"

Trying to get a pound coin that's fallen down the side of the driver's seat before the lease company come to change the car in an hour.

I reckon if I was a multi-millionaire I would still do that. I will happily spunk my money on a lot of shite but get upset if I think I've lost a pound or two somewhere.

The BBC going for the 'Top Gear approach' with regards to having an onlooking audience surrounding Hazel Irvine and chums in the Snooker coverage. Think they did it with one of the MOTD2s (something along those lines with fitba anyway) too. Get it tae f***.

Also, when you've previously found all the geocaches in an area and some chump suddenly decides to add a new one.

Also, and I'm sure it has will have been mentioned a few times on here, "definately".

Nothing petty about the West Coast's greatest shame.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Some roaster this morning seething on the train station platform because there wasn't enough room for him and his bike on the train............ during rush hour...........he also had the full gear on as if he's about to compete at the Tour de France

The BBC going for the 'Top Gear approach' with regards to having an onlooking audience surrounding Hazel Irvine and chums in the Snooker coverage. Think they did it with one of the MOTD2s (something along those lines with fitba anyway) too. Get it tae f***.

They've had the audience at the snooker like that for years. There was a woman the other day who looked vaguely like Jon Bon Jovi wearing a Man United top, that was quite funny.

Off of.

Eg "that's him off of the telly".

Also, and I'm sure it has will have been mentioned a few times on here, "definately".

There's been a big move to replace the word "have" with "of" in the last five years or so. Don't remember seeing it before that, although some people have been pronouncing it that way for ages. Always thought it was a cracking way to let people know you're a moron, but writing it down like that is a new level of stupidity.When you see things like this in newspaper headlines, you start to wonder why journalists are still being paid.