Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just to confirm that Royal Mail and several other parcel companies have just slipped through cards through the door and walked away whilst I'm sitting on the couch, six feet from the front door. I always chase them down the steps (we live in a flat) and demand to know why he's done it. Never had a decent answer yet.

One parcel company left the bridesmaid's dresses for our wedding in a cardboard box on our front landing, in the rain, while we were both out working.

Our very own Keith once delivered my repaired Xbox to my maw and paw's hoose while I still lived there, and a stellar service was had by all.

In my experience though, the vast majority of courier staff are utter c***s.

The problem is that their entire electronic tracking systems are very much designed to back up the opinion of the courier company and not the consumer, so even complaints aren't really worthwhile.

Me: "I've been waiting for a parcel all day."

Them: "Our courier has it recorded that he tried to deliver it at 1pm."

Me: "I've been sitting in all day, wasting a day's holiday, no-one's tried to deliver anything."

Them: "Sorry, but our courier definitely recorded an attempt at 1pm."

There's no realistic way you can prove that the courier didn't attempt a delivery, even though they're usually lying.

Since when did you add that as an essential attribute?

Ooft, that reminds me. Adam returned home from college today to inform me that the biffer that was at our wedding (the lardy one I don't like) is engaged. I don't know how the hairy-faced bint did it, but I suspect drink spiking.

Guest The Phoenix

Ooft, that reminds me. Adam returned home from college today to inform me that the biffer that was at our wedding (the lardy one I don't like) is engaged. I don't know how the hairy-faced bint did it, but I suspect drink spiking.

Maybe he's called Jonah and she swallowed him whole?

Oh ffs, everyone's getting laid but me mad.gif

In saying that, I will gladly stay that way if the biffer is the best of what's out there laugh.gif

Since when did you add that as an essential attribute?

It's in the 'preferred but not essential' category ;)

:lol:

I'm going to get tested.

Back to the topic of delivery c***s, my wife very kindly ordered an Xbox off Amazon for me. We got home on a Monday after a weekend away to discover a bloody big box sitting outside our flat door in the communal stair. The c***s had just left it lying there where anyone could have lifted it. The worst thing was though, they had also put a ticket through the door to tell us they had left it outside the door!!! The ticket said they had delivered it there on Friday and it had been lying there for 3 days-I'm lucky we have fairly trustworthy neighbours. Also on a previous occasion they had at least gone to the effort of trying to hide a box under the welcome mat at the door!!

i opened a door on one of them when they were posting the slip (royal mail)

and no, he didnt have my parcel.

he did 30 mins later when he came back after i phoned the post office for an explanation.

'previous parcels have needed collection' was the response.

yet every other company leaves it with the next door neighbours.

Had a fucking mare in my drivin lesson today. Awful driving, stalled 3 times in stupid situations and generally wast thinking straight. On the plus side my manoeuvres were damn near perfect and i still have another 6 or so weeks before my test.

That sums up my lesson today :(

Aye well I'm sure you didnt stall tryin to set of 3 times today. I was actually embarrased it was pathetic. Then to round it all of I hit 1st instead if 3rd. Fucking idiot I am. All I will say is thankfully that's the worst I have done in a long time. Cause I haven't stalled in weeks before today.

But good luck, hope the weather clears up. Or maybe not because it gives you an excuse to drive slowly and more cautiously.

Aye well I'm sure you didnt stall tryin to set of 3 times today. I was actually embarrased it was pathetic. Then to round it all of I hit 1st instead if 3rd. Fucking idiot I am. All I will say is thankfully that's the worst I have done in a long time. Cause I haven't stalled in weeks before today.

But good luck, hope the weather clears up. Or maybe not because it gives you an excuse to drive slowly and more cautiously.

It's not raining here :unsure:

The only things that will stop me passing is if i f**k up the manouevere. If i get a turn in the road, it should be a shoo- in. Got good observations, and judgements. Not really hesitant.

Confident anyway :D

Ahh well it's been rainin. In edinburgh for the past week or so. Tbh I have good days and bad days. My general driving if fine, it's just I make a silly error here and a wrong gear there. Managed to cut that out though, until today. :(

Saying that I don't care what manoeuvre I get, cause I'll pass with any if them. It's how I acctually drive that's the key. If I make a mistake, I become really hesitant and usually en up making more.

Ahh well it's been rainin. In edinburgh for the past week or so. Tbh I have good days and bad days. My general driving if fine, it's just I make a silly error here and a wrong gear there. Managed to cut that out though, until today. :(

Saying that I don't care what manoeuvre I get, cause I'll pass with any if them. It's how I acctually drive that's the key. If I make a mistake, I become really hesitant and usually en up making more.

I've been all around Hamilton, on the possible routes. I know all the junctions and can follow directions easily.

I need to be able not to do something dickish for 40 minutes.