Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My brother called me a couple of weeks ago sounding really dire and serious. I immediately thought someone must be ill and was actually somewhat relieved when he told me that he can't come to my wedding as he has to drive a forklift in a pizza warehouse and can't get the day off, despite it being (then) several months in advance. However, now that time has passed and what he actually told me has settled in, I can't believe he has told me that he can't come to my wedding because it clashes with his rota.

That's pretty poor craic. Without wanting to start a war of siblings surely if he really wanted to go he would be there. One of the following must be true:

He hates you

He hates your wife

He's in love with your wife

He loves his job

He really hates weddings

He doesn't want to shell out on a present

That's pretty poor craic. Without wanting to start a war of siblings surely if he really wanted to go he would be there. One of the following must be true:

He hates you

He hates your wife

He's in love with your wife

He loves his job

He really hates weddings

He doesn't want to shell out on a present

It's probably a mixture of 1 & 6

Guest The Phoenix

One of my bank cards was cloned and one of Paddington's relations tried to pay for goods with it in Peru.

Good old RBS Security declined the payment pending an investigation.

They contacted me on my house phone and without a word of a lie one of the questions they asked me was I in Peru! :lol:

The Co-op cashline in Denny appears to be have been the offending ATM.

Scary stuff.

One of my bank cards was cloned and one of Paddington's relations tried to pay for goods with it in Peru.

Good old RBS Security declined the payment pending an investigation.

They contacted me on my house phone and without a word of a lie one of the questions they asked me was I in Peru! :lol:

The Co-op cashline in Denny appears to be have been the offending ATM.

Scary stuff.

RBS have certainly got their act together lately. I was in the bank paying my beloveds credit card bill and within 5 secs of paying it i received a text telling me it had been paid.

Because she usually does it DD and i had paid it from my account they sent me a text to make sure this was all in order. You can't argue with customer service like that.

People who talk during lectures. It's rude - both to other students and to the lecturer. Its not exactly difficult to refrain from talking for around 50 minutes.

Furthermore, people who start packing their stuff away, rustling papers, or putting their jackets on 5 minutes before the lecture ends and therefore cumulatively making a noise which makes it almost impossible for others to hear what the lecturer is saying. I remember in school if people did this the teachers used to get these selfish dicks telt. Even if there was a minute of the class remaining before the bell went, the teacher would make them take their jacket back off, only for the bell to go just as they'd taken it off and they'd groan and grumble and have to put it straight back on again. This was extremely satisfying.

Along these lines, people who text in lectures when the lecturer is using a microphone.

I had a lecture today and the lecturer (incidentally, he was Chinese so spoke with a Chinese accent and there was a fair few people just giggling the whole way through the lecture. Yeah it was humourous at the start but it really wasn't funny enough to justify laughing the whole way through) was using a microphone on the desk at the front. Throughout the entire lecture it was that annoying static sound that happens when people are texting away <_<

We've started playing department against department with the lads from work on a Friday night. Tonight we lost 36-9. I dislike losing but I absolutely hate being embarrassed like that.

Rugby?!

Seriously though, Aberdeen Bon Accord would have bitten your hand off to have that result...

Guest The Phoenix

People who play puggies who dont know what they're doing.

The ones who don't know what they are doing deserve pity not scorn.

The ones who do know what they are doing, should know better.

The ones who don't know what they are doing deserve pity not scorn.

The ones who do know what they are doing, should know better.

Not pity. Get aff the machine and stop killing it by collecting money or missing the fact you have the jackpot.dry.gif

Guest The Phoenix

The wean not understanding the meaning of a long lie-in :(

In my day we understood the meaning of a clout round the ear.

PS Not recommended for current day parenting.