Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Fair enough, but either way, is there really anything wrong with asking? If you can take the kids with you, you don't have to get a babysitter organised, take a raft of child-pacifying supplies etc. You're as well clarifying the situation and you don't end up offending your host by taking kids along that weren't invited.

Fair enough, but either way, is there really anything wrong with asking? If you can take the kids with you, you don't have to get a babysitter organised, take a raft of child-pacifying supplies etc. You're as well clarifying the situation and you don't end up offending your host by taking kids along that weren't invited.

I agree, although I think Philpy was more riled by the response to being told no than being asked in the first place.

I agree, although I think Philpy was more riled by the response to being told no than being asked in the first place.

I don't really know why I'm arguing the point to be honest. I bloody love being told "no kids". It's like a licence to drink.

I don't really know why I'm arguing the point to be honest. I bloody love being told "no kids". It's like a licence to drink.

See, this is why it wouldn't even cross my mind to say about kids, i'd just assumed people wouldn't want to bring them.

See, this is why it wouldn't even cross my mind to say about kids, i'd just assumed people wouldn't want to bring them.

I'd agree in this circumstance of a 40th birthday party.

The most shocking revelation from the last few pages, for me, is that philpy has a 39 year old wife so I'd guess he is of a similar age? I had always assumed that he was late teens/early twenties! :wacko:

Guest The Phoenix

The most shocking revelation from the last few pages, for me, is that philpy has a 39 year old wife so I'd guess he is of a similar age? I had always assumed that he was late teens/early twenties! :wacko:

He's seventeen., going on sixty.

Maybe it's just my family. All occasions we had were "family occasions", everyone was invited, kids and all. My parents friends all had kids too and never excluded kids from parties or anything. I think I've held one party where we didn't invite kids - and that was because the people coming didn't have them! It's rotten being left out of stuff because you're a parent, I don't think I could do that to anyone.

Im 36, but i'll take being called younger as a very nice compliment. Have a virtual pint on me, good sir.

Neighbours kids have been driving me mad with their music. Must of got a CD player or something for Christmas, and have been playing Roar by Katy Perry over and over again (and I mean literally on repeat). And to top that off today, they have been playing Christmas songs :angry:

Neighbours kids have been driving me mad with their music. Must of got a CD player or something for Christmas, and have been playing Roar by Katy Perry over and over again (and I mean literally on repeat). And to top that off today, they have been playing Christmas songs  :angry:

You've got the eye of the tiger.

Neighbours kids have been driving me mad with their music. Must of got a CD player or something for Christmas, and have been playing Roar by Katy Perry over and over again (and I mean literally on repeat). And to top that off today, they have been playing Christmas songs :angry:

The only thing you can really do in this situation is torch both houses.

What do you inspect them to do if they're not invited to the party?

Surprised the rage being generated regarding the escalators! :lol: To be fair, the whole point of a moving staircase is so you don't have to walk, if you were designed for you to walk then they would surely just put in a set of stairs. Chill guys, better arriving late and alive than not arriving at all :lol::P