Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who start a sentence with the word "So" when explaining something.

I don't mind it in this type of context; "So if you need that done, then friday will be the best time..."

I mean it like this; "So I was out last night and we had just went to this new place..."

Another irritating American trait that has slowly worked it's way over here. Another American one (although arguably more Australian) is people who finish the last word of a sentence on a high. No way of giving an example on that one as it's sound. Drives me funking nuts though and I cringe when I hear it :(

I know, I know was only kidding!

But surely you must have a run down caravan park somewhere in Australia?

Nah its all milk, honey, Garden of Eden stuff round here.

I think the worst caravan park I've visited was in a town called Ayr in Queensland. It was so bad that we left after 5mins and drove another 50kms to a different town.

People who start a sentence with the word "So" when explaining something.

I don't mind it in this type of context; "So if you need that done, then friday will be the best time..."

I mean it like this; "So I was out last night and we had just went to this new place..."

Another irritating American trait that has slowly worked it's way over here. Another American one (although arguably more Australian) is people who finish the last word of a sentence on a high. No way of giving an example on that one as it's sound. Drives me funking nuts though and I cringe when I hear it :(

So you're basically just a big racist? ;)

Surprised the rage being generated regarding the escalators! :lol: To be fair, the whole point of a moving staircase is so you don't have to walk, if you were designed for you to walk then they would surely just put in a set of stairs. Chill guys, better arriving late and alive than not arriving at all :lol::P

. The standard is if you aren't walking, you stand to a side (right I think) to allow those walking up to pass.

Only idiots and arseholes block lanes they don't need to be in (escalators, roads, 10 items or less etc)

I think the worst caravan park I've visited was in a town called Ayr in Queensland. It was so bad that we left after 5mins and drove another 50kms to a different town.

Had a similar experience at a caravan park somewhere on the east coast. I was very young and with my parents.

Now, given that my father was brought up on a farm pre war, had seved in the marines in ww2 it must have been one shithole of a place to make him move out so fast!

When a team is in a shit run and fans claim that players aren't trying or aren't showing any fight or passion or aren't playing for the shirt.

Utter shite in the vast majority of cases. It's lazy, cliched pish peddled by thundering fucking idiots who struggle to form their own opinions and just regurgitate what others say. There were even a couple of Hearts fans on the radio the other night saying this about their team. Thankfully they were shot down for the obvious bullshit they were stupidly slavering from their stupid fucking faces.

I worked on a farm picking butternut squash in Ayr in Queensland. Worst job I've ever had in a shithole of a town. The pished farmer and his son coming around the living quarters waving their shotguns at one in the morning made me realise I had already worked my last shift.

So you're basically just a big racist? ;)

How can I be racist? I support Australia in the cricket :ph34r::lol: I only recently noticed that the Aussies are prone to this, not all of them of course, but when the missus has Home and a bloody Away on I see the lassies do it pretty frequently. Cringe!

. The standard is if you aren't walking, you stand to a side (right I think) to allow those walking up to pass.

Only idiots and arseholes block lanes they don't need to be in (escalators, roads, 10 items or less etc)

I'll agree with you on that front right enough. I have to admit I tend to walk on the escalator and if someone is blocking any room to squeeze by it can be annoying. Nothing "Excuse me please" can't fix though mind you.

c***s swapping shirts at half time.

When the f**k did all that shite start?

Where did this happen? Honestly never seen such a thing before :o

Edited by 19QOS19

How can I be racist? I support Australia in the cricket  :ph34r:  :lol: I only recently noticed that the Aussies are prone to this, not all of them of course, but when the missus has Home and a bloody Away on I see the lassies do it pretty frequently. Cringe! 

All Australians do it. My wife and I have even laughed at each other because we've noticed that we've picked it up as well.

When people start reading menu options out loud when you're part of a group at a table.

"Mmmm, that 'Ragin' Cajun' looks good!" Would suffice but f*** off with your "mmmm... toasted panini with grilled Cajun chicken topped with a homemade barbeque sauce, freshly cut peppers...(continues)".

We know what it is, we have the same menu and can read FFS.

There was some shirt swapping in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game a few weeks back. Think it was Eto and cissokho

I work with Don Cowie's dad, he was saying that players swap tops after every league game. I just assumed this was something done in cup games.

People who write starting 11s wrongly. Particularly back fours

Rb cb cb lb is clearly the way of doing it

Not

Rb lb cb cb, that's just silly.

It seems the are doing it by the number they would wear but this doesn't normally follow when they do the midfields

I may have mentioned this before but it's annoyed me again.

Edited by parsforlife

People who write starting 11s wrongly. Particularly back fours

Rb cb cb lb is clearly the way of doing it

Not

Rb lb cb cb, that's just silly.

It seems the are doing it by the number they would wear but this didn't normally follow when they do they midfields

I may have mentioned this before but it's annoyed me again.

Starting 11s should be written in number order if it is an old fashioned 1-11. Otherwise I agree.

I hate it when there are 3 (or more) of you in each others company then one person gets a phone call and takes the phone call there and then rather than excusing themselves so the remaining 2 (or more) are sat there with no option but to listen in. I always leave the room when someone phones i never speak on phone in front of people

Me and a mate from uni decided to get a flat together in September because we both stayed at home in Fife last year and travelled to uni, and both hated it. We live in a decent flat in Dalry and for the first month or two there was no issues at all. Recently however it's transpired that he's actually the biggest dickhead i've ever met and hate his fucking guts. A few days ago I tidied the whole flat because it was a state, and when i asked him if he could clean the bath he refused as it was "too minging". He also doesn't flush the toilet when he's been for a pish, regularly eats my food that's in the cupboard and freezer without asking, he will fill the sink full of dirty dishes and then fill it with cold water before leaving it for a few days at a time, he never takes the bins out, uses so much toilet roll i think he's sticking it up his arse instead of wiping it and is just generally impossible to live with.

What can I do to get back at him? Please note that simply mentioning all this to him isn't an option, as i've already tried and he seems to think that the flat is more his than mine because his dad is the guarantor, and that's his reasoning for doing all this. I really want to shite in his pillowcase and leave it for him but it's perhaps a bit too far. Open to any ideas.