Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ouch... I trust the lass is ok? What did the car hit or get hit by? Was trying to figure out which car it was by the alloys, thought it was a Ford or Vauxhall.

Aye she is fine thanks,she hit another car this morning as he pulled out from the side of the road and she never saw him.Just fixing the car herself as the insurance will write it off and it is a decent car and she just put it through an MOT.

A 2nd hand bumper and headlight are needed,also a repair to the bonnet.Costs are around £250 which is what her excess is anyway.

People who miss out the word "and" from their sentence. Eg go see instead of go and see or go get instead of go and get. Yet another Americanism creeping into our language. It drives me mental. Must be an age thing

I know what you mean. I don't do that myself but I rarely use the word "and". I use "n" instead!

People who miss out the word "and" from their sentence. Eg go see instead of go and see or go get instead of go and get. Yet another Americanism creeping into our language. It drives me mental. Must be an age thing

go f**k yourself :P

Edited by cambozpar

For the second week in a row some in laws have cancelled a visit at the last minute. Whilst I couldn't give a shit if they came or not, I got up early to clean the fucking hoose.

Shitehawks.

Every cloud and all that; you now have a lovely clean house all to yourself!

The wife is having her 40th birthday party in April. One of her friends just sent her a text saying that her son wondered if he could come to the party. The wife said no, as all the invites have been done, plus if he got invited it would only be fair to invite his wee brother as well. She sent a text back saying "really?? I just assumed the kids would have been invited anyway!!". What a fucking cheek!

You probably should have made it clearer on the invitations. Parents kind of need to know if kids are included or not otherwise they turn up with them when they're not meant to. Or they ask and get accused of being cheeky.

Edited by Mrs M

You probably should have made it clearer on the invitations. Parents kind of need to know if kids are included or not otherwise they turn up with them when they're not meant to. Or they ask and get accused of being cheeky.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to say to people Children not invited, I just assume for these occasions it would be adults only.

She is one of those "soccer mums" as well, so a bit of a pain in the arse. Her son plays for rangers. Under 17's and has just been picked to go with the Scotland squad to turkey for 8 days, and her Facebook page is full of "my son cleaned his boots, my son won a penalty, my son came off the bench today, blah blah blah blah". She made sure my wife was aware that she knew he had been picked for Scotland before she mentioned about him wanting to go the party. It's almost like she's

Saying "invite my son, cos he's a football player for (the) rangers".

Chances are the boy or one of his mates is on here so guess it won't be long till they know how you feel. If so then the chances are that none of them will be at the party.

Can we all come in their place?

Had a mental block today ... stuck the wrong PIN number in 3 times. Locked my card. Got home ,called up my bank. Went on line to find I have fek all left and do not get paid for three weeks.

It wouldn't even cross my mind to say to people Children not invited, I just assume for these occasions it would be adults only.

Why would a birthday party necessarily mean adults only? Unless it specifies on the invite that it's in a nightclub or a night out in town, there's nothing that really says "kids aren't invited". To be honest, you're probably better that she asked rather than just bringing them along, philpy.

Why would a birthday party necessarily mean adults only? Unless it specifies on the invite that it's in a nightclub or a night out in town, there's nothing that really says "kids aren't invited". To be honest, you're probably better that she asked rather than just bringing them along, philpy.

I would have thought it would have been implied when the kids names weren't on the invite...

I would have thought it would have been implied when the kids names weren't on the invite...

Really? When my parents got invitations to weddings, birthdays, christenings etc. when I was a kid, they were addressed to my parents. I wasn't named on them, neither were my brother and sister, but we were invited. People don't always list the names of the children they're writing a Christmas card to but that doesn't mean they're not wishing the children a merry Christmas - and if they weren't they should say "Hope you both have a great Christmas. Not your kids though. They're not included".

Really? When my parents got invitations to weddings, birthdays, christenings etc. when I was a kid, they were addressed to my parents. I wasn't named on them, neither were my brother and sister, but we were invited. People don't always list the names of the children they're writing a Christmas card to but that doesn't mean they're not wishing the children a merry Christmas - and if they weren't they should say "Hope you both have a great Christmas. Not your kids though. They're not included".

If I was inviting kids l would put "and family" on the invite. If am invite has just my name and my wife's then I would assume the kids weren't invited.