Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Me and a mate from uni decided to get a flat together in September because we both stayed at home in Fife last year and travelled to uni, and both hated it. We live in a decent flat in Dalry and for the first month or two there was no issues at all. Recently however it's transpired that he's actually the biggest dickhead i've ever met and hate his fucking guts. A few days ago I tidied the whole flat because it was a state, and when i asked him if he could clean the bath he refused as it was "too minging". He also doesn't flush the toilet when he's been for a pish, regularly eats my food that's in the cupboard and freezer without asking, he will fill the sink full of dirty dishes and then fill it with cold water before leaving it for a few days at a time, he never takes the bins out, uses so much toilet roll i think he's sticking it up his arse instead of wiping it and is just generally impossible to live with.

What can I do to get back at him? Please note that simply mentioning all this to him isn't an option, as i've already tried and he seems to think that the flat is more his than mine because his dad is the guarantor, and that's his reasoning for doing all this. I really want to shite in his pillowcase and leave it for him but it's perhaps a bit too far. Open to any ideas.

Watch "The Odd Couple" with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau, and get an appointment with a therapist to sort out your OCD.

P.S.Zen Archer beat me to it.

Edited by welshbairn

Watch "The Odd Couple" with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau, and get an appointment with a therapist to sort out your OCD.

P.S.Zen Archer beat me to it.

You snooze you lose boyo.

Edit.

My reference was from the TV series with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.

Edited by Zen Archer

Impatient people, moreso people who would rather risk their life by running in front of a bus instead of standing at a set of lights for 30 seconds to wait for the traffic to stop. I see it every night in Glasgow city centre, the junction at Central station where McDonalds and KFC is. Even more annoying are people who cross half way cos the traffic has stopped on one side, then wait for it to stop on the other side to finish crossing.

Impatient people, moreso people who would rather risk their life by running in front of a bus instead of standing at a set of lights for 30 seconds to wait for the traffic to stop. I see it every night in Glasgow city centre, the junction at Central station where McDonalds and KFC is. Even more annoying are people who cross half way cos the traffic has stopped on one side, then wait for it to stop on the other side to finish crossing.

I see that all day in the city centre,i once had a kid run in front of my van and I had the mother shout at me for peeping my horn at him.my van door was open so I heard every word she said so I stopped the van and got out to have a *word with her.

Me and a mate from uni decided to get a flat together in September because we both stayed at home in Fife last year and travelled to uni, and both hated it. We live in a decent flat in Dalry and for the first month or two there was no issues at all. Recently however it's transpired that he's actually the biggest dickhead i've ever met and hate his fucking guts. A few days ago I tidied the whole flat because it was a state, and when i asked him if he could clean the bath he refused as it was "too minging". He also doesn't flush the toilet when he's been for a pish, regularly eats my food that's in the cupboard and freezer without asking, he will fill the sink full of dirty dishes and then fill it with cold water before leaving it for a few days at a time, he never takes the bins out, uses so much toilet roll i think he's sticking it up his arse instead of wiping it and is just generally impossible to live with.

What can I do to get back at him? Please note that simply mentioning all this to him isn't an option, as i've already tried and he seems to think that the flat is more his than mine because his dad is the guarantor, and that's his reasoning for doing all this. I really want to shite in his pillowcase and leave it for him but it's perhaps a bit too far. Open to any ideas.

Is finding somewhere else feasible? Write to his dad to explain why you're leaving and key him deal with it.

Other than that, rather than leaving a shite in his pillowcase, stick his dirty dishes in there. When it's his turn to take the bin out, leave the bin bag under his duvet, preferably when he's in a night out. Try not to keep too much food in the fridge at a time so there's less to steal and keep your tins and stuff in your room if you can.

Let the place get worse and worse until he mentions it.

Find another flat or live back at home. Tell him you're leaving as short notice as possible. Refuse to pay any further rent and let him pick up the pieces as his dad is the guarantor. Either that or make sure at the end of the lease the place is a fucking state (of his making) and demand money off him for you half of the deposit you wont get back, doubt that would work though.

Invite his parents round for a meal that will force him to do something.

Kill him.

He won't notice he's dead.

Let the place get worse and worse until he mentions it.

We tried this method when one of the 4 sharing our flat was the same, never lifted a finger for months. The rest of us decided to stop doing anything and after 3 days the kitchen was an absolute bomb site, and the messy guy cleaned the whole place top to bottom without saying a word. He also regularly cleaned up after himself from then on.

I usually wear glasses at home and contacts when i go out and do stuff so most people don't see me with glasses on but the rare occasion i see someone in public when i have my glasses on they always say "i didn't know you wore glasses" i feel like saying why would you know that about me if the only time you see me I'm not wearing glasses? why bring it up?

I've watched a few movies on serial killers recently; you should too as you pick up some great tips on how to kill someone and dispose of the body. Don't continue on a killing spree though as the more people you murder, the more likely you are to get caught.

Failing that, just dinghy paying the rent until you get launched out citing unacceptable living conditions provided by the landlord ie. his son.

My friend had a situation similar. He moved in with a friend of a friend and the guy was an untidy sociopath. He would stay up all night drinking and taking drugs and would let Randoms in all the time. Eventually he had enough and because the guy still hadn't paid him back for the washing machine & telly he bought for them he sold the machine, kept the telly and left. 2 weeks later the other guy was thrown out for disrupting all the neighbours.

Not tidying up and creating a bigger mess is going to go one of two ways; either he'll crack and realise that he needs to tidy up, or you'll crack and tidy up again.

Or it could go a third way. However if you bludgeon him to death with a dirty mug that's been sitting in stone cold water for a week whilst stuffing toilet roll into his mouth please don't mention to the Police that the "voices on Pie and Bovril" told you to do it. I doubt Div could handle the negative publicity, coming so soon after the Daily Record's scathing story about the spat with Mumsnet.

After dropping a mug on my foot yesterday which was very painful. Not only did the mug proceed to smash it also bruised something. I then played 7s after ad after about half an hour managed to do something to my left ankle. Thought nothing of it really until about 10 minutes later I could put pressure in it, woke up today and its even worse. It's not swollen, I didn't twist it so I must have strained something, which is annoying.

Not least cause it meant I had to go in goals for almost half the game.

Punch his c**t in.

Not particularly petty, but my stepfather is currently seriously ill in hospital and getting worse by the day. The hospital staff have been pretty useless (contrary to most of my previous experience of hospital staff) and his condition is deteriorating due to the combination of treatments they are giving him. He was supposed to be in for "1 to 2 days" starting on Hogmanay and they are now revising this every day or two, last night telling him he will be in at least 5 to 6 weeks further than the 3 weeks he's been in already. They also don't seem to be able to notice that his liver and kidneys aren't functioning, despite the fact that we as visitors could see it from a mile away, but it took the hospital staff until yesterday to revise their "your renal system is fine" statements to "your liver and kidneys aren't working at proper capacity". Since he's gone in he has become bedridden, racked with pain and covered in infection, but he was only supposed to go in for antibiotics and water retention treatment. I generally have a very high opinion of NHS frontline staff through my own experiences of hospital stays etc, but this lot are really grinding my gears with their apparent incompetence. There don't seem to be any doctors in his ward, one junior doctor pops in every day or so very briefly, but the ward is essentially staffed solely by nurses and auxiliaries. We have demanded a meeting with the doctor who is (nominally) in charge of his treatment in order to find out what is going on.