Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Remember the outrage of spending £3 on a pint a few years ago? Now you wouldn't think twice about paying it. Even the wee shitty pub I frequent in Shettleston is £3.05 for a pint of T.

I don't even pretend now. There is no price barrier, I'll just keep buying it.

One must visit La Cave á Fromage on ones next visit to South Ken.

Their epoisses is to die for.

I was right next door at the Hoop & Toy pub.

Tried La Cave first but they wouldn't put Gillette Soccer Saturday on the big screen so we took our business elsewhere.

Went for a curry last night and the guy at the table next to me orders a Garlic Chilli Chicken, which states on the menu is a fairly hot dish. It arrives, he takes one bite, goes bright red and tells the waiter to take it back cause it's hot and he hates spicy food.

1. It has CHILLI in the fucking name.

2. It says on the menu it's a fairly hot dish, can't you read?

The fact this total moron actually got angry they'd given him a hot dish made me angry at how fucking stupid he was. The brought him back a butter chicken.

Looks like my helper at work will be off for a while,he is in hospital after breaking his ankle.He is on a zero hour contract so he will not even get sick pay.

I was told on Thursday there's a high chance I'll need another op on my ankle having only had one done in December. The op hasn't really been a success and I'm probably worse off now than I was before. The seriousness of the next stage operation sounds pretty bad too. He was talking about having to break my Tibia to removed fluid :(

Looks like my helper at work will be off for a while,he is in hospital after breaking his ankle.He is on a zero hour contract so he will not even get sick pay.

Tell him to get on to the JobCentre sharp. He should be able to claim some form of incapacity or whatever the hell they call it nowadays and they might even be able to help him with housing benefit or something of that sort while he's off.

Tell him to get on to the JobCentre sharp. He should be able to claim some form of incapacity or whatever the hell they call it nowadays and they might even be able to help him with housing benefit or something of that sort while he's off.

Cheers LM I will let him know,he stays with his mum so that is a blessing I suppose.

I was told on Thursday there's a high chance I'll need another op on my ankle having only had one done in December. The op hasn't really been a success and I'm probably worse off now than I was before. The seriousness of the next stage operation sounds pretty bad too. He was talking about having to break my Tibia to removed fluid :(

Sorry to hear that. Wondered how you were getting on

Sorry to hear that. Wondered how you were getting on

Thanks :). Still getting no movement from the damaged nerve. Really don't fancy another op but have to make a call soon(ish) as the surgeon said once you've not had contact for 3 months then you're out the system

Thanks :). Still getting no movement from the damaged nerve. Really don't fancy another op but have to make a call soon(ish) as the surgeon said once you've not had contact for 3 months then you're out the system

Not strictly true - more a case of starting at the beginning again, albeit with a history and x-rays. Have you tried your GP for advice?

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Not strictly true - more a case of starting at the beginning again, albeit with a history and x-rays. Have you tried your GP for advice?

It's been an ongoing saga for just over 4 years now. Different GP practises (because I moved region for a job), two surgeries which again were in different regions and none of which I actually live in now. Starting from scratch would take upwards of a year. And I say this with experience after my first operation.

Thanks :). Still getting no movement from the damaged nerve.

Will having another op change that? If not what exactly will it do? Need to work out what the benefit of another op would be, if any and decide from there. Actually might be worth getting a second opinion though

It's been an ongoing saga for just over 4 years now. Different GP practises (because I moved region for a job), two surgeries which again were in different regions and none of which I actually live in now. Starting from scratch would take upwards of a year. And I say this with experience after my first operation.

I feel for you. My GP misdiagnosed my knee, meaning I had to wait two and a half years for treatment to rectify what I knew all along was wrong with it.

I am not for a minute suggesting I know more than a GP, but I had the exact same problem with my other knee and he just refused point blank to consider this. The consultant at FVR said my GP was, "A fcuking idiot".

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Will having another op change that? If not what exactly will it do? Need to work out what the benefit of another op would be, if any and decide from there. Actually might be worth getting a second opinion though

A second opinion is exactly what I'm after. But after consulting with my GP and asking to be referred back to the original Grampian surgeon. I recieved a letter to say they wouldn't see me and any further consultation had to be with the Golden Jubilee where my op was.

The next operation would release this fluid which would hopefully relieve some of the pain. I don't actually know how much of the pain is related to the nerve damage to my toe

I feel for you. My GP misdiagnosed my knee, meaning I had to wait two and a half years for treatment to rectify what I knew all along was wrong with it.

I am not for a minute suggesting I know more than a GP, but I had the exact same problem with my other knee and he just refused point blank to consider this. The consultant at FVR said my GP was, "A fcuking idiot".

Yeah the GP I have dealt with hasn't at any point offered as much as an opinion. He merely stated that the NHS was a two bit organisation when I went on attack about them haha.