Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This all started by a DA Baracus rant and grew legs.

Surely nobody thinks next seasons top league fills us all with excitement?

I am at least glad that a lot of financial cheating teams have been removed.

Only Motherwell have been in administration and remain up there.

Just a shame the top league dumped the CVA solves all On our doorstep.

Tbf I have confidence that if we decided to splash a few million and go back into admin or even liquidation, the powers that be would try their utmost to ensure that we stay in the 'premiership'. Numerous rule changes would be implemented to ensure our status as the SPFL does really need a strong Motherwell ;)

Tbf I have confidence that if we decided to splash a few million and go back into admin or even liquidation, the powers that be would try their utmost to ensure that we stay in the 'premiership'. Numerous rule changes would be implemented to ensure our status as the SPFL does really need a strong Motherwell ;)

Copyright 2003 eh?

Guest The Phoenix

Husbands that are stupid enough to go supermarket shopping with their wife and then have the temerity to complain about it.

People sending me letters with the lines:

Aberdeen,

Aberdeenshire

AB24 XXX

Aberdeen is (admittedly rather bizarrely) not in Aberdeenshire you fools.

Eta for Thursday fact of the day: Aberdeenshire is the only council in Scotland not to have their HQ located within in their own area, it's in 'Aberdeen City'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Why do people bother putting towns/cities and regions on addresses anyway?

Surely the postcode and number is all that's required.

Im going to start slimming down my address writing from now on, eg:

Yer Maw

G44 4AR

A mate of mine in the far north of Scotland has a friend that works in the the British Antarctic Survey that sent him a letter (from Antarctica) with the following address.

The Caveman

Durness

Scotland

... and he actually received it. Not a fib as I've seen it and know the postie that delivered it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

A mate of mine in the far north of Scotland has a friend that works in the the British Antarctic Survey that sent him a letter (from Antarctica) with the following address.

The Caveman

Durness

Scotland

... and he actually received it. Not a fib as I've seen it and know the postie that delivered it.

An elderly relative of mine once sent me a birthday card from Wales.

The only information on the envelope was my name, Clackmannan, and then my house number (house phone number that is!)

I couldn't believe I had received it.

Probably should be in the FIFA thread, but when you cross the ball into the box in FIFA 14, and the AI defender overhead kicks the ball out of the box. It happens at least 5/6 times per game. Yeah cos this is really lifelike!!

Checkout people who want to everything in a wee bag at the checkout, seriously my yogurts, ham or fish fillets don't need another layer of packaging to survive the short walk to the car and then from the car too my door. Waste of a finite resource. Usually the kind of dim witted post menopausal women who will try and engage in conversation about the weather "oooh it's no very nice today. Hahaha" why do these women laugh at everything they say? "Oooh I like them orange lollies. Hahaha". Just process my fucking shopping and don't fanny about with it and if I don't have any bags with me of course I'll need some.

That said having worked behind a check out the abuse people at M&S get because they have a 5p bag charge is unnecessary. Your spending £100+ on groceries but now you're throwing a tantrum about having to spend 20p on bags fucksake your not going to starve, grow up. Had to deal with some absolute morons there. The guys that point blank refuse to pay and try and stuff everything into the wee bags and struggle with them then drop something are the best

Edited by Enigma

mqdefault.jpg

I'll often go and buy a multipack of crisps whenever I run out at work and more often than not I'll be asked "do you need a bag???".

A bag for a bag of crisps? Hmmmm, let me think about that...

Edited by Hedgecutter

Aye we've got a small charge on card payments (of any kind) at work, it's set by the bank who take a cut, it's utterly bizarre watching folk moan about having to pay an extra 30p that they'll go to the lengths of going back to their partners and getting cash to pay.

I, for one, am devastated my club play in the Premiership and not the Championship.

This reminds me: On the BBC website, I keep clicking on League One to be met with the likes of Brentford and Swindon rather than Brechin and Stranraer. The more I do it, the more angry I get with myself.

This is after finally stopping to instinctively hit 'Scottish League Two' after years of clicking 'Scottish Second Division'.

Edited by Hedgecutter