Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

We're all concerned bobby, all of us.

My auld auntie had a scullery when I was wee - I think that's the closest I've ever got to a pantry.

Please capitalise my name, we are educated.

If you followed this thread you'd see that my pantry has been converted into a toilet. For the downstairs staff.

Please capitalise my name, we are educated.

If you followed this thread you'd see that my pantry has been converted into a toilet. For the downstairs staff.

I started posting on my phone and capitalising names is a right pain in the arse but I'm now on the laptop so I have no excuse really. Sorry bob*.

*Yeah that's right - now I'm just trying to piss you off (that's how I roll you see).

Whenever my department sets something up that has to go out to our customer base, it gets quality checked by another team who are based in the US.

Occasionally the stuff we send out is restricted and only to be made available to certain countries. We type out a list of the countries on the description, always done in alphabetical order. This list of restricted jurisdictions is also printed in the release itself, essentially to explain why some people can access the information/event and others cannot.

I noticed earlier today that one of the things I set up on Friday had been amended before release. I decided to check why. It turns out that the quality team in the US amend event that has the US listed as restricted and put them in as the first country on the list, but leave the rest in alphabetical order.

How fucking petty is that?

Is the US your biggest customer base?

Nope. I deal almost exclusively with the UK stock market at the moment, the other folk here deal with other European markets. The vast majority of customers holding those stocks are European based. The US clients are, for the most part, dealt with by the head office which is in Greenwich, or the office in Chicago.

Fair enough. The company I work for does some similar restrictions and, let's say it's a video about PSG that's not available in France or the Middle East and North Africa. The guys who list it would put France first, then Algeria etc after simply because France is going to be a very high percentage of the audience.

Fair enough. The company I work for does some similar restrictions and, let's say it's a video about PSG that's not available in France or the Middle East and North Africa. The guys who list it would put France first, then Algeria etc after simply because France is going to be a very high percentage of the audience.

Yeah, I can understand that, and if the majority of the folk I was sending this stuff out to were in the US then I can see why they would move that to the front. Just find it slightly annoying that in an event that restricts Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa and the US and where every client involved as far as we go is based in the UK, that they move the US to the front of that list. That said, the founder and majority owner of the company is a fairly big donor to the republican party and has in past campaigns funded and produced a few bits and pieces of expensive propaganda for them, so I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.