Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Anyone else get taught Latin and Greek at school or was that just for us Fifers?

Latin in Greenock. Having Clemens est in horto imprinted in my mind from childhood was never much use to me, but Latin in general did help!

Definitely Nikey.

For Adidas, the guy's name was Adi Dassler as Zen has said, so technically Addydas is correct, although I tend to just say Adeedas. For Nike, I'm fairly sure Dave is right and the correct pronunciation is Nikey.

Adi was the lesser known brother of Bobby.

Folk who leave a review an shopping websites giving a product 1 star because it arrived late.

Or folk that review stuff before they actually receive or use it.

"I bought this as a gift, I'm sure he/she will love it when they open it at Christmas" - 5 stars.

I find it difficult to trust people who tell stories in the present tense.

"So I'm just sitting there.."

Nope. Cheerio.

That, and the fact they start their sentence with a "So". Anyone who does this should be sent on the first flight to America, where this horrible thing began, and never be allowed back into the country. Edited by 19QOS19

Folk who leave a review an shopping websites giving a product 1 star because it arrived late.

Folk who sell you an electric blanket promising next day delivery, arrives a month late including a warning that it's not suitable for the incontinent.

I appreciate that. I also appreciate that should you talk to any of Nike's top men they will tell you it's pronounced Nikey. However, this is Scotland and we say Adeedas and Nike. Any Scotsman pronouncing them differently sound like pretentious arseholes and should rightly be publicly humiliated and possibly be put in stocks and pelted with old gutties.

gutt -ees or gutt -ays?

That, and the fact they start their sentence with a "So". Anyone who does this should be sent on the first flight to America, where this horrible thing began, and never be allowed back into the country.

Did it? I've encountered several Americans who moan about it being a British thing. Some days, I just don't know who to blame.

Did it? I've encountered several Americans who moan about it being a British thing. Some days, I just don't know who to blame.

donald-trump-64.jpeg < (It's the Muslims, mate. Happy to help!)

So I'm calling BS on that, the only people I've ever heard do this are Americans and Australians.