Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway; when people are waiting to cross the road at lights but haven't pressed the button and are standing right beside it, blocking others from pushing the button.

Or people who press the button when it's already been pressed, as if they know how to press it properly. The same with lifts.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The phrase "cannae be annoyed with.."

I heard a friend say it when were were about 20 y/o or so. I took issue with it and he assured me it was a perfectly normal and correct phrase. I told him it was some scumbag thing he must've picked up somewhere (though he and his family are from St Andrews) and we had a proper scrap over it. Forgot all about it until I heard Tam Cowan using the phrase over and over on Saturday. 

I'm annoyed with/at you. - Fine

I can't be bothered with this. - Fine

I can't be annoyed with this. - Deserving of a black eye at least. 

I haven't heard this one but it's like Americans saying "I could care less about that."

Edited by GordonD

Anyway; when people are waiting to cross the road at lights but haven't pressed the button and are standing right beside it, blocking others from pushing the button.

A lot of lights are on an automatic loop so the button is just there for show and doesn't change the pattern in any way. That's certainly the case on Buccleuch Street in Dumfries.

On ones that aren't looped I would agree though.

It's the ones that Sssshhhhhhh you during their programme they are watching ( Coronation St / Eastenders / Reality crap),

But the minute something you want  to watch comes on they can't shut the f**k up,

and they don't get the hypocrisy of their attitude.

The other halves favourite annoyance is when her mobile rings she pauses the live TV and chats on the phone in the living room,

You then have to listen to half a conversation for the next 5 minutes. Then they restart their programme which means if you are planning on watching something else on another channel when their programme was due to finish you will miss the start as the timings are all out of sync.

Is this grounds for a kick in the Pie ?

Mon - Fri. 7pm - 9pm. Soap addition. Whilst catching up on Facebook.

This is Not, I repeat NOT multi tasking. !!!

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Agreed. I live by the motto "if it smells dece, have a piece".

For your own sake don't use that philosophy if you come to Tannadice this season and want a pie.  Or a local prostitute.

8 hours ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Second time in two weeks I've ordered an item of clothing off the internet to receive a "sorry this item is out of stock" the next morning. I'd have thought updating product status on the website would be the most basic of business processes.

You get that a lot. I think the idea is to reel you in from Google with competitive prices, then actually put the order in with their supplier once you've made the purchase. Problem is, they then discover that their suppliers are out of stock.

My current netbook came from the third place I ordered from - Costco flat-out didn't have it and refunded immediately, and Very.co.uk quoted a delivery date of later that week, took the money, then sent a confirmation email saying it would be delivered two months later. I don't know what they gain from it in the long term, as surely people remember them as the place that let them down.