Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Two things... 

The "jovial banter" between the contestants on Tipping Point. f**k off, you're meant to be competing against each other, not congratulating each other on how good a drop it was. 

Winter is shit. Anyone who likes is v. weird.

It's a horrible, lazy fcking disgusting waste of time watching that show. Basically watching morons play a bigger version of the coin machine at the shows. My parents had it on one time I was down. I pointedly refuse to watch such nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's a horrible, lazy fcking disgusting waste of time watching that show. Basically watching morons play a bigger version of the coin machine at the shows. My parents had it on one time I was down. I pointedly refuse to watch such nonsense.

Can't remember who it was that said Tipping Point was for those too thick to get on other quiz shows

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yewtree candidate pretending to be on the phone to someone and stringing out a skill-less endeavour where greedy b*****ds get their hearts broken

I'd just open my box right at the start and sit back with a smug grin to watch Noel try fill 30mins of airtime there after!

Yewtree candidate pretending to be on the phone to someone and stringing out a skill-less endeavour where greedy b*****ds get their hearts broken

This should be what comes up when you press 'i' on your remote to find out what the f**k the programme is about.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've always said that Noel should do away with the phone and "contact" the banker be holding his arms out, rolling his eyes into the back of their sockets and moaning out his offer.

Bus Tales of Hedgecutter (chapter CLXVII):

Meant to be getting the rather nice, cosy and direct Megabus Gold bus from Aberdeen to Glasgow.

However... staff in Aberdeen brought out the rather (over)elaborate robotic wheelchair aid to get a disabled lad on, evidently having no idea how the thing works. It will therefore come as no major surprise that after eventually getting him on board, the thing gets stuck and nobody has a scooby how to fix it, with the 'soon to arrive in a minute' mechanic being a total no-show.

After about half an hour, those of us with functional legs are put on the shitey Edinburgh coach to catch a shiteier, frozen one from Dundee, with the disabled guy still trapped on a bus in Aberdeen for all I know. One hoorah is that the coach has plug sockets for your mobile, the downside is that they don't actually do anything.

This country.

PS. Last time I got the train down I ended up with a replacement bus. Why can't buses get replacement trains? (rhetorical)

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bus Tales of Hedgecutter (chapter CLXVII):

Meant to be getting the rather nice, cosy and direct Megabus Gold bus from Aberdeen to Glasgow.

However... staff in Aberdeen brought out the rather (over)elaborate robotic wheelchair aid to get a disabled lad on, evidently having no idea how the thing works. It will therefore come as no major surprise that after eventually getting him on board, the thing gets stuck and nobody has a scooby how to fix it, with the 'soon to arrive in a minute' mechanic being a total no-show.

After about half an hour, those of us with functional legs are put on the shitey Edinburgh coach to catch a shiteier, frozen one from Dundee, with the disabled guy still trapped on a bus in Aberdeen for all I know. One hoorah is that the coach has plug sockets for your mobile, the downside is that they don't actually do anything.

This country.

PS. Last time I got the train down I ended up with a replacement bus. Why can't buses get replacement trains? (rhetorical)

Buses should tow wheelchairs.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

There is also a water test and you can tell if they're off by the way they float. Can't remember what they do when they are off though, think they float on their side.

That's witches you're thinking about.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

This also applies to your girlfriend/mother if you want to test if she's a witch or not.

You and Miley - enough with the duelling banjos already.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Brilliant :lol: 

Had to travel down to Leeds today for work.  Got the 04:30 London Euston train from Glasgow but had to change at Lancaster.

The Lancaster - Leeds train was run by Northern Railways, I think, and arrived directly from 1954.  2 hours on this fucking freezing, ancient, rattley fucking piece of shite did not improve my mood when I arrived.