Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I had to stand on a train all the way from Manchester to Glasgow at the weekend. I wish the c***s told me it was going to be full in advance TBH.

Ooft! I assume you weren't caught by the overhead electric wires at least?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft! I assume you weren't caught by the overhead electric wires at least?

I think it was the second train that wasn't affected by the works (or whatever the problem was). Absolutely heaving. I was a bit disappointed that the c***s hanging on the outside of the train didn't pop inside to make me a curry. I took a photo at Preston when the folk coming from Liverpool got on:

Image result for train india simpsons

11 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

"...there's gonna be some drinking, and there's gonna be some fighting, and there's gonna be some fucking"

"Really?  Who's coming?"

"Just you and me"

At least both will be happy!

Train station names in English and Gaelic. Camelon and in the gaelic "Camalan" ? What a waste of money.

Yeah, what a waste replacing signs that needed replaced.

Train station names in English and Gaelic. Camelon and in the gaelic "Camalan" ? What a waste of money.

Some of the names have been made up to give each one a Gaelic name and see some make no sense
Falkirk Grahamston is Baile a'Ghreumaich
Falkirk High is Bràighe na h-Eaglaise Brice
The gaelic for Falkirk is  An Eaglais Bhreac

10 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

When I worked in Edinburgh my early morning commute on the train was always made more annoying by the constant noise of the whistle text alert on fellow commuters phones.There was at least 5 per carriage. What was worse was the people normally middle aged women, who hadn't turned off the keypad tone so when they were in a text conversation it was a whistle followed by a series of beeps ad nauseum. I can only imagine how mundane the text conversation they were having at 7.30 in the morning was.

"I've just come up with a foolproof idea for peace in the Middle East but can't go into detail now as there's a really creepy guy watching me."

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

Falkirk High is Bràighe na h-Eaglaise Brice

That reminds me of the time I was on the Glasgow-Edinburgh train and the guard/conductor/ticket collector (whatever job title they've come up with this week) kept announcing "The next stop is Falkirk High Level."

When folk leave one item left in a big multipack bag rather than take it out and bin the giant and now pointless bag.

Do Gales make up names for places further afield? In the same way that Anglophones do with Munich

Also, folk that make up names for other places that they can't actually pronounce themselves, e.g. 'Munick'.

Those that can't spell 'Gael' goes without saying.

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

When folk leave one item left in a big multipack bag rather than take it out and bin the giant and now pointless bag.

Also, folk that make up names for other places that they can't actually pronounce themselves, e.g. 'Munick'.

Those that can't spell 'Gael' goes without saying.

People who insist on writing or pronouncing eg. Kolkata instead of Calcutta when they don't say Moskva or "Paree".