Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Andy Goram* used to shout squeeze (I think) when goalkeeping coach with us.

*No idea which one.

He/They were probably hoping it would happen with the girl from Clapham... 

Getting the train to and from work for the foreseeable future, and already I'm beginning to get mildly irritated at what must be fairly standard practices on one of these bloody things.

Example, some boy in the row next to me with his laptop out slamming his keys furiously and unnecessarily loudly. Glanced over to see what the f**k was so important about three times, and each time it's been a blank e-mail open. Of course he's already been on the phone speaking at a ridiculous volume to Nathan about how to get to 'his' office.

Is this a common thing to get pissed off at or is it just me being a moody c**t due to working a bank holiday Monday?

10 hours ago, philpy said:

Stopped at a hotel in Crail today. Nobody was drinking, my mate bought a Diet Coke each for me and the wife, and a pint of blackcurrant and Lemonade each for him and his missus. £8.60. Robbing b*****ds. £1.70 for a tin of Diet Coke. Surely it's about time a cap was introduced on the price of soft drinks in pubs and hotels???

Free parking though.

Getting the train to and from work for the foreseeable future, and already I'm beginning to get mildly irritated at what must be fairly standard practices on one of these bloody things.

Example, some boy in the row next to me with his laptop out slamming his keys furiously and unnecessarily loudly. Glanced over to see what the f**k was so important about three times, and each time it's been a blank e-mail open. Of course he's already been on the phone speaking at a ridiculous volume to Nathan about how to get to 'his' office.

Is this a common thing to get pissed off at or is it just me being a moody c**t due to working a bank holiday Monday?

Anyone trying to "work" on a train is in fact a p***k. The phone calls I don't mind to an extent as I've had to take a few myself but if you're on a packed train with shite/no wifi and shite mobile signal then put your laptop away.

Weirdos that would rather travel for hours by train than fly somewhere in less than 2 hours annoy me.

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The titanic incompetence of British airways, meaning that my best option for getting home is to hire a car and drive home from Glasgow to London.

First Tom Rogic and now this.

Forth One News' update on the subject yesterday said that "the situation was still up in the air" :lol:

58 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Weirdos that would rather travel for hours by train than fly somewhere in less than 2 hours annoy me.

Weirdos that hang about airports then have to get to where they actually want to be, by another form of transport annoy me. They could get the train and get on and off in the city centre.

Weirdos that hang about airports then have to get to where they actually want to be, by another form of transport annoy me. They could get the train and get on and off in the city centre.

Just fucking walk then.

Just now, WeAreElgin said:

Just fucking walk then.

I prefer being sat on my arse, drinking and away from home as long as possible. Which probably explains the reality of my preference. I also don't really like being up in the sky in a glorified toilet roll holder.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Someone was talking about flying from Glasgow to Birmingham a while back. That is a seriously thick choice.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Someone was talking about flying from Glasgow to Birmingham a while back. That is a seriously thick choice.

There is a time and place for both. Domestic journeys are usually more efficient by train. I think it's more likely you can actually enjoy a train journey. Flights are generally a necessary evil.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

There is a time and place for both. Domestic journeys are usually more efficient by train. I think it's more likely you can actually enjoy a train journey. Flights are generally a necessary evil.

Flying is the only rational choice going almost anywhere from Inverness. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I remember being on a flight a while back that went Glasgow-Edinburgh-Copenhagen. A couple of folk got off in Edinburgh - I know they were probably getting another connecting flight there, but a wee bit of me wondered if they'd actually just taken the flight to Edinburgh.

If you're going right to the south coast or southwest of England then sure, flying will be a lot easier. For London itself these days, it's really not any quicker than taking the train - aye, it's nominally a 50-minute flight, but chances are especially at Heathrow you'll end up stacked waiting to land and it'll be a good bit longer than that. You've then got 45-50 minutes packed into the Heathrow express to get to the centre, or an hour in the train from the other airports. Factor in the time and hassle you'll spend fannying about at the airport at either end in the current security climate, and what are you saving by flying...half an hour?

I've been working in London lately and will definitely take 3 hours of flying and the rigmarole that comes with it over 8/9 hours of trains. Being north of Inverness, it'd take me nearly an hour to drive to the train station, then about 3 hours just to get to Glasgow/Edinburgh.

I'd probably take the train as far as Birmingham if I had the time for it.