Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

I've been working in London lately and will definitely take 3 hours of flying and the rigmarole that comes with it over 8/9 hours of trains. Being north of Inverness, it'd take me nearly an hour to drive to the train station, then about 3 hours just to get to Glasgow/Edinburgh.

I'd probably take the train as far as Birmingham if I had the time for it.

It's usually cheaper and far quicker flying from Inverness to Birmingham. From Glasgow the train is a no brainer.

I fly back to Glasgow when I can but also take the train on occasion. If I get flights from City Airport then it saves considerable time flying, as I'll leave my flat/office about an hour/45 mins before the flight and still be at my gate before boarding. Total travel/waiting time being about 2 and a half hours, compared to 5 hours minimum going by train. If I could only get flights from other airports then it's more hassle than the train.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I fly back to Glasgow when I can but also take the train on occasion. If I get flights from City Airport then it saves considerable time flying, as I'll leave my flat/office about an hour/45 mins before the flight and still be at my gate before boarding. Total travel/waiting time being about 2 and a half hours, compared to 5 hours minimum going by train. If I could only get flights from other airports then it's more hassle than the train.

City airport would definitely cut travelling time. It's the near vertical take off and landing that I have presented as a barrier to me using it. I've managed to convince work that the train to Plymouth from Edinburgh is a reasonable option.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

City airport would definitely cut travelling time. It's the near vertical take off and landing that I have presented as a barrier to me using it. I've managed to convince work that the train to Plymouth from Edinburgh is a reasonable option.

I love City airport personally. A lot of people hate it but being able to turn up half an hour before your flight (time of flight dependent) is sensational.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I love City airport personally. A lot of people hate it but being able to turn up half an hour before your flight (time of flight dependent) is sensational.

I'll take your word for it as long as possible. I like watching them virtually fly between the buildings, depending on your angle of view. But the thought running through my mind is, thank Fùck I'm not on that.

Having an impulsive girlfriend who decides to book a weekend away because its a good deal without checking shift patterns or other arrangements. 

Now She's £40 out of pocket and moaning to me about it. Idiot. 

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Having an impulsive girlfriend who decides to book a weekend away because its a good deal without checking shift patterns or other arrangements. 

Has she booked and you ain't free to go ?

Send pics.....

If she a Wid I'll go with her and take one for the team on your behalf if it helps.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

So if the other bloke can't get a shift change, why doesn't she take you instead?

When did we start adopting the Americanism "Mac n Cheese"? What was/is wrong with macaroni cheese? It is food for the throbbers of this world anyway but even they deserve some dignity. Mac n Cheese. f**k off.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

When did we start adopting the Americanism "Mac n Cheese"? What was/is wrong with macaroni cheese? It is food for the throbbers of this world anyway but even they deserve some dignity. Mac n Cheese. f**k off.

File this alongside 'slaw'.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Tread carefully as any mention of that stuff can soon have a pizza/coleslaw compatibility (or lack thereof) battle raging.

There is no "battle".  It's an abomination and all who think otherwise will be sterilised lest they should procreate.