Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'd have made the same post yesterday but I nipped in to Waitrose after work today and there was a bloke about 30ish with one wean in the backpack and another two hanging off his hands and they all behaved impeccably.  A real credit.
What irks me is families regarding a trip to the supermarket as an outing.  It's a place to shop FFS.

We make the supermarket trip a family outing in order to keep the kids behaviour in check. They get to hold the list, and take turns picking stuff from the shelf and putting it in the trolley. Big high fives and yee-ha's all round. Super nanny telt me to do it and it worked!

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We make the supermarket trip a family outing in order to keep the kids behaviour in check. They get to hold the list, and take turns picking stuff from the shelf and putting it in the trolley. Big high fives and yee-ha's all round. Super nanny telt me to do it and it worked!

That works fine if it's one parent and 2/3 kids on half term.  I'd respect it.  On a normal day?  Get tae....One of you does the shopping and the other takes the weans to the baths.  This is how normal families work.

That works fine if it's one parent and 2/3 kids on half term.  I'd respect it.  On a normal day?  Get tae....One of you does the shopping and the other takes the weans to the baths.  This is how normal families work.

Harsh.

Where's the harm?

The harm is bringing weans up to see shopping as a leisure activity and to fill shopping aisles with their fat arses when the rest of us just want to buy a jug of milk.

Like it or not, shopping is a leisure activity (and has been for a long time).

I take exception to those parents who pick some sweets from the shelf and open them to keep their weans happy. Those people are knobs.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Like it or not, shopping is a leisure activity (and has been for a long time).

I remember going shopping for a suit not long after I met my most recent ex wife and before she got knocked up.  I bought one from the first place we visited on the basis that it fitted, it was navy blue and was within budget.  I then said we should go to the pub as I'd done what I came for.  She said we should go and visit other shops as I might find something better.  Never has what's the point been more apt.

I hated shopping as a child and still do. I was taken to fcking Perth from Rosyth in the car on a Saturday ffs. Ohhhhh lunch in Safeways cafe, look at all the cool cute pets in Pet World that I'll never get and then Kwik Save followed by fcking Asda, Farm foods and possibly Aldi all in Dunfermline before home. Absolutely fucking hated it, listening to Saturday scoreboard in the car wishing I was at the game or playing my Ps1.

Parents who have become so accustomed to their inability to control their 3+ children (and it is always 3+) they let them do whatever the f**k they want regardless of where the f**k they are.

My 3 children are dickheads when we're shopping and I like to make sure to remind them of that at every opportunity.

f**k shopping.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Point is being missed here. It doesnt matter how many members of the same family attend the shops. It only matter whether said people have any self awareness and know how to behave in public or not. Man Wife and 3 kids who all behave are far less a hindrance some some ignorant c**t talking to its pal paying no attention to whats going on round about.

No.  "Man, wife and 3 kids" have no business being in a supermarket.  That immediately brands them as c***s.  One of you does the shopping and the other enjoys time with the weans.  This is what you do if you're a normal family.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well you might think that, but the reality is they can and should be quite capable of being there without making one iota of difference to your own shopping experience. If they are not, then it is because they can't behave. And man/wife + whichever bairn he/she had no other choice but to take to the shopping, if unable to behave can equally ruin your day. As can one single arsehole.

You're confused here.  I have no issue with taking weans shopping and I'm on the record as saying teaching your weans to be sensible both in shops and restaurants is important.

I do deprecate shopping as a leisure activity and that folk who do it are a public annoyance.  I'd be amazed if you disagree with me.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're confused here.  I have no issue with taking weans shopping and I'm on the record as saying teaching your weans to be sensible both in shops and restaurants is important.

I do deprecate shopping as a leisure activity and that folk who do it are a public annoyance.  I'd be amazed if you disagree with me.

How do you manage to differentiate between people just taking their kids shopping, and those doing it as a leisure activity?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

How do you manage to differentiate between people just taking their kids shopping, and those doing it as a leisure activity?

If it's a parent and weans its utilitarian.  If it's 2 parents and weans it's leisure.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If it's a parent and weans its utilitarian.  If it's 2 parents and weans it's leisure.

So if the two of us are in our way home from somewhere and stop at Tesco one of us should sit in the car and the other goes in with the daughter to shop? Away you go, ya nutter!

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This.

I'm fucking fed up with families nicking garden furniture and sitting in front of the tellies watching the latest Disney shit.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I imagine if someone called me a c**t because of this then an offer of a duel would have to be made...

Aye, yer a c**t.  Ruel Street it is then.  A soggy thesaurus is my weapon of choice.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So if the two of us are in our way home from somewhere and stop at Tesco one of us should sit in the car and the other goes in with the daughter to shop?

Indeed.  Still the last 24 hours has confirmed that the average P&Ber is an oompa loompa who likes to saunter around Tesco with three generations of his family as it's a great day out.