Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yesterday, one of my colleagues sent me an instant message to let me know that Andy Murray had been beaten. When I asked why, her response was "Oh, I assumed you'd be a fan."
First of all...why would you assume that? I'm Scottish, he's Scottish therefore we have some kind of bond?
Second of all...if you thought I was a fan, why would you tell me result? Either I would already know, in which case what was the point? Or I wouldn't yet know, and was planning to watch later, in which case you would've spoiled it for me.
I'm trying to see a positive in her behaviour but the only thing I'm coming up with is that she thought I'd be upset and wanted to gloat. Bizarre.

She wanted to initiate conversation with a view to letting you pump her. You've blown it.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Those Magic Eye/3D Puzzle things. I still can't do them.

I could never see the things people claimed to be able to see in those things, I'm convinced it was all just a ruse and people were never able to see anything in them but just didn't want to be left out.

I just got back to my hotel room. This morning I left it in a state, and as I'm only in Italy 2 nights, I stuck a "do not disturb" on the door. I don't need the bed making every day, and could do without feeling that I needed to leave it in a semi-respectable state. I got to my door, found that the sign had been taken off it, and that inside the bed was made. Now I look like a tight git for not leaving a fiver on the bed for housekeeping, and she's sarcastically left 2 chocolates on the bed for me. 

WTF? Surely "do not disturb" means bugger off and leave this room alone??

Edited by milton75

I just got back to my hotel room. This morning I left it in a state, and as I'm only in Italy 2 nights, I stuck a "do not disturb" on the door. I don't need the bed making, every day, and could do without feeling that I needed to leave it in a semi-respectable state. I got to my door, found that the sign had been taken off it, and that inside the bed was made. Now I look like a tight git for not leaving a fiver on the bed for housekeeping, and she's sarcastically left 2 chocolates on the bed for me. 

WTF? Surely "do not disturb" means bugger off and leave this room alone??

I only tip when they leave the room alone.

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

I don't know what to do now. No doubt tomorrow I'll buckle like the pussy I am.

Why would you tip midway through your stay? To make yourself feel less of a pussy, leave a decent tip and a turd in the sink.

Reading Milton's dilemma reminds me of this

Alan: No, it’s a bloody nightmare. [Alan places some money on the bed-side cabinet]

Jill: Is that for me Alan?

Alan: That? Oh god no! No, I always put my money there of an evening. If it was you could add a zero to that. Seven pounds six, you know.

Jill: Seventy quid?

Alan: Well, no. Double it.

Jill: It’s still cheap.

Alan: I’m not haggling! I was trying to pay you a compliment. Unless I’ve grossly misread the situation. It was my understanding in the lift that no money would change hands.

I was in a golf club last night where I saw the club winners board on the wall with two columns, first on the left running from the 1950s-70s and another on the right from the 80's to 00's. However, as the board filled up, a separate overflow board has been created, but needlessly hung up left of the original board. Still annoying me.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I was in a golf club last night where I saw the club winners board on the wall with two columns, first on the left running from the 1950s-70s and another on the right from the 80's to 00's. However, as the board filled up, a separate overflow board has been created, but needlessly hung up left of the original board. Still annoying me.

It's to leave room for the 2040's - 60's.