Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I was in a golf club last night where I saw the club winners board on the wall with two columns, first on the left running from the 1950s-70s and another on the right from the 80's to 00's. However, as the board filled up, a separate overflow board has been created, but needlessly hung up left of the original board. Still annoying me.

That would drive me insane. When I was at school in the 1970's, the main assembly hall had one of those "in-memorium" boards for the ex-lads of the school who'd died in WW1. It was obvious they hadn't expected to have to add to it a generation later when WW2 kicked off because there wasn't enough room for all those names. Worse, rather than waiting until the war was over, they'd added the names to the plaque as the second war went along. Which meant that a) The names were in chronological rather than alphabetical order like the first ones and b) They'd had to add a second panel for the last 3 names, which looked ridiculous. And as if that wasn't bad enough...another boy had been killed in Aden so they'd added his name to the bottom. In a DIFFERENT FONT.

40 years on and it still pisses me off.

People calling folk 'goats' when they are moderately good at a sport. It just sounds stupid. Just say you think they are the best player ever instead of using an acronym that describes a bit of a jokey animal.

Is this about the post in the tennis thread?

I'd have thought that was a shoe in.

Online news articles that have 'Hilarious' in the headline. i.e. Hilarious moment a granny falls down a 200ft well. I'll make my own cunting mind up ta.

Similarly, when someone (often witless political commentators) claims to have had "a wry smile" on their face as they observed something.

I'LL decide if your smile was wry or not. You may have hoped it was, being as you inferred some degree of irony from the situation, but actually it was a desperately obvious point, and your stupid face is incapable of expressing any nuance or agenda beyond that most facile.

56 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The advert and specifically the word Ribenary.

The TV advert pisses me off every time it's shown. I didn't know until now that they've actually written it down (and trademarked it, FFS!)

That moment in a public toilet when there's total silence and you're inching a shite out trying not to make a noise. You've waited for a hand dryer or flush to hide any noise but nothing, so you take a chance, then boom, fart and explosion time

Online news articles that have 'Hilarious' in the headline. i.e. Hilarious moment a granny falls down a 200ft well.
I'll make my own cunting mind up ta.

On a similar note I hate these fake news links on sites that all go like this:

'20 grannies who fell down a well. Number 5 will shock you'.

Checking into a hostel after some small talk with the posh London bird on reception:

[Looks at my passport]
"United Kingdom? But you don't sound like you're English."
"That's because I'm not."
"So why do you have a UK passport...?"

Her and another unrelated Londoner spent the evening asking me what I do "back in England" and so on. I'm pretty easy going with foreigners making this mistake as I was an adult before I realised that Holland =/= The Netherlands, but I tend to find that the English, who know the difference, make the mistake more often than ignorant foreigners.