Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In the absence of a 'Things that get on your nerves more than anything else in this world' thread, may I add people that don't believe you when you're telling the truth. Nothing fills me with inner rage more than this.

"Yeah, whatever mate" = Has a week to live.

Yeah, whatever mate.

Don't kill me please

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Cash machine that ask you if you want to check your balance and then if you want a receipt when you select the Cash Withdrawal option.  If I wanted to check my balance or get a receipt I would have selected one of those options.  

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Absolutely with you on this. Fucking ridiculous waste of time. 

Even worse are the occasional machines that ask you "Are you sure you don't want a receipt/to check your balance?".

Even worse are the occasional machines that ask you "Are you sure you don't want a receipt/to check your balance?".

Or the ones that offer an advice slip.

I want cash mate, not fucking therapy

Related to the cash machine thing - supermarket self-service checkouts seem to have one question too many when you want to buy a carrier bag.

Ever used on in WH Smith? They ask you if you want a chocolate bar.

I'm looking forward to the days when we can pick up all our shopping, walk out the door and the money will be automatically removed from our bank accounts.

14 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm looking forward to the days when we can pick up all our shopping, walk out the door and the money will be automatically removed from our bank accounts.

I couldn't cope. I hate persuasive machines.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People who stare blankly at self-service checkouts when it doesn't do what they expect it to rather than read the fucking screen to see what's happening.

Quite a lot of people seem to be determined to turn this in to a huge battle. It's really rather perplexing. 

30 minutes ago, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

Being given a delivery time between 7am & 9pm and it turning up at 8:59pm. Wankers.

Nah, that's fine. Being given 7am to 9pm and they turn up at 7.01am. That's annoying. I cant possibly be expected to prepare for them being there before lunch

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Well, in parts of Glasgow they're two-thirds of the way there.

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

That might be the case fairly soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/09/amazon-go-stores-uk-trademark-us

The technology I think exists, it's just making it affordable and widely used that apparently will take time. I went to an event a while back showing us some of the technology retailers are likely to start using soon and some of it is fascinating. Particularly one that can visually predict the age of 99.9% odd of people within a month of their birth. Technology is something I know nothing about but it all sounded very impressive.

The technology I think exists, it's just making it affordable and widely used that apparently will take time. I went to an event a while back showing us some of the technology retailers are likely to start using soon and some of it is fascinating. Particularly one that can visually predict the age of 99.9% odd of people within a month of their birth. Technology is something I know nothing about but it all sounded very impressive.

It worries me greatly that so many people think this is a 'good' thing. That it's somehow progress.

Technology should make our lives better - but we should not be absolutely dependent on it. I hope a cashless society is one that I never live to see.

Similar to the old 'CCTV' everywhere debate. People that come away with 'it's fine because I don't break the law' type responses are definitely missing the point.

It worries me greatly that so many people think this is a 'good' thing. That it's somehow progress.

Technology should make our lives better - but we should not be absolutely dependent on it. I hope a cashless society is one that I never live to see.

Similar to the old 'CCTV' everywhere debate. People that come away with 'it's fine because I don't break the law' type responses are definitely missing the point.

I don't see the problem with it personally. As for the 'cashless society's' bit I'm all for it. I can't remember the last time I actually had physical cash, it's becoming increasingly needless.

One thing that does annoy me is being behind someone in a supermarket queue who insists on using change, or pays by card but doesn't use contactless. Just holds up the queue.

I don't see the problem with it personally. As for the 'cashless society's' bit I'm all for it. I can't remember the last time I actually had physical cash, it's becoming increasingly needless.

One thing that does annoy me is being behind someone in a supermarket queue who insists on using change, or pays by card but doesn't use contactless. Just holds up the queue.

Who benefits most from a cashless society? Banks, giant tech companies, and electronic payment providers.

They shave a wee profit from every transaction. In terms of banks, they would have full control of your money. You couldn't take your money out - just shift it to another bank.

All in all people at the bottom of society would be hit hardest. They lose even more control over their lives.

The rich get richer, everyone else just nods along our gets shafted.