Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

People who think the best way to cure a hangover is to keep drinking alcohol.

It is though. Gives you the same problem the next day but it does work. Obviously not a long term solution and that's something it's time I dealt with. :(

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It is though. Gives you the same problem the next day but it does work. Obviously not a long term solution and that's something it's time I dealt with. :(

Hair of the dog certainly dulls it till bedtime. If you have more than a couple though, you have fucked it. 

On 3/16/2018 at 05:46, Cerberus said:

I hate that.
A remnant of pre-1990s when food was bland and overcooked and you needed to add salt and pepper to give it any flavour.

It's no longer the case but older people still have the habit.

My Dad does it which I think probably stems from being brought up during rationing after WW2. It's definitely habit.

I wouldn't say all food pre 90's was bland though. The influx of recipes from Thai or Mexican (for example) cooking perhaps exaggerates this.

Edited by sjc

Dan Walker on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about the snow in Cornwall and a road being blocked.

Twice he said ' The road has gone from passable to impossible'.........

What was wrong with the word Impassable ?

This was possibly only irritating as he is total Cockwomble

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Bank's that employ more people to guide people in the queue towards a machine than are sat behind the counter to serve customers.

w**k!

People who use superfluous apostrophes.

Also those people are often the same people, and don't get a choice of what role they have to do that particular day. If it saves time and cuts down the queue then surely it's a good thing?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

People who use superfluous apostrophes.

Also those people are often the same people, and don't get a choice of what role they have to do that particular day. If it saves time and cuts down the queue then surely it's a good thing?

In his defence it's a common auto-correct feature (certainly on iphones anyway). Pizza shops with signs advertising "Pizza's" should of course be firebombed. 

It is though. Gives you the same problem the next day but it does work. Obviously not a long term solution and that's something it's time I dealt with. [emoji20]

Hair of the dog certainly dulls it till bedtime. If you have more than a couple though, you have fucked it. 

I find water is the best solution for a hangover. That wouldn't allow you to brag about being able to drink a lot though would it?

3 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I find water is the best solution for a hangover. That wouldn't allow you to brag about being able to drink a lot though would it?

I don't know who's bragging here. I'm certainly not proud of my drinking habits.

Edited by welshbairn

In his defence it's a common auto-correct feature (certainly on iphones anyway). Pizza shops with signs advertising "Pizza's" should of course be firebombed. 
I once saw a sign in a window of an old school coffee shop that advertised they were now selling lattie's with both a superfluous apostrophe and a superfluous i which I thought was quite a feat in itself.

3 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

Get them telt Jamaldo. Overrun with drunken Falkirk fans on here. 

Get them telt Jamaldo. Overrun with drunken Falkirk fans on here. 

Backing from a pars supporting painted on veggie who spends 3 months drunk then 6 months sober and in tights. I feel for Jamaldo right now, I really do.