Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

When people come to visit neighbours, and park where it makes it awkward for either me, or other neighbours, to get in or out of their drives.

Actually that explains why they always, always toot their horn as they're driving away - it's to let you know that you can have your parking space back.

58 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:
When people come to visit neighbours, and park where it makes it awkward for either me, or other neighbours, to get in or out of their drives.
Heaven forbid that you actually park close to the person you're visiting's drive, because they won't be taking their car anywhere, due to, you know, having visitors.

our neighbour is a self employed beauty therapist (or some shit like that) and has folk visiting the house all the time. the arseholes are always doing the same as youve said to us. drives me fucking mad. spoke to the neighbour a few times about it a few times but it still happens. would love to so something shitty like slash their tyres but then they would just be stuck there so hardly productive!

Audi TT?

7 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

When you get a notification from Just Eat to say your food is en route, 20 minutes after you have finished eating the food you ordered.

Worse is when you nicely order it 3 hours ahead and it arrives in 20 minutes.

Worse is when you nicely order it 3 hours ahead and it arrives in 20 minutes.
I have been seething over this before to the point I kicked off and the chippy actually came back to pick up the scran the re delivered new stuff at the correct time... Minus the single chipsteak I had tanned. 1-0 Bairnardo then....

Presumably the chippy/delivery man equalised and then some using methods I prefer not to think about.

our neighbour is a self employed beauty therapist (or some shit like that) and has folk visiting the house all the time. the arseholes are always doing the same as youve said to us. drives me fucking mad. spoke to the neighbour a few times about it a few times but it still happens. would love to so something shitty like slash their tyres but then they would just be stuck there so hardly productive!
Similar. My neighbour is a music teacher so there is a constant stream of drop off/pick ups especially at weekends. The number of arseholes who think it's acceptable to park about 2mm away from my driveway, or worse, partially blocking it is astounding.

Im not quite at the Angry Old Person stage of manually painting "No Parking" signs on the road yet though!

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

When you get a notification from Just Eat to say your food is en route, 20 minutes after you have finished eating the food you ordered.

United Airlines' App once sent me a notification to let me know my flight was delayed. This was intriguing because we'd taken off on time, some 30 minutes before.

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

United Airlines' App once sent me a notification to let me know my flight was delayed. This was intriguing because we'd taken off on time, some 30 minutes before.

You're supposed to switch your phone off when you're flying, not in case the plane blows up but because it's really annoying for the pilots when they get that phones interfering with radio sound when they're trying to order a coffee from the stewardess. Just so you know.

Edited by welshbairn

You're supposed to switch your phone off when you're flying, not in case the plane blows up but because it's really annoying for the pilots when they get that phones interfering with radio sound when they're trying to order a coffee from the stewardess. Just so you know.

Pilot now wondering who or what Welshbairn and Shotgun are and why P&B is appearing on the in-flight entertainment units.  

Bet you she does not have permission to run her business from her home in her mortgage T&Cs. No idea how you could find out who she is mortgaged with but that would be my line of attack over slashing tyres.

i wouldnt be as facetious as that, just frustrating. its also technically their problem that some other twats parked there. theres a 40 berth car park 50 yards up the road as well!

at least i get to see plenty of wids going in and out their house. likely only wids as they are visiting so often. crazy how much women can spend on stuff like that. my missus spends more on her eyebrows alone each month than i do on hair cuts. another PTTGOYN for me

At some point over the course of my lifetime I appear to have acquired the uncanny ability to choose the slowest queue in the supermarket every single fucking time. 

I could go to a checkout beside a 3 mile long queue where the woman in front of me only has a bag of potatoes and a can of beans to scan yet the guy at the back of the 3 mile long queue beside me would still get served before me. 

7 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

at least i get to see plenty of wids going in and out their house. likely only wids as they are visiting so often. crazy how much women can spend on stuff like that. my missus spends more on her eyebrows alone each month than i do on hair cuts. another PTTGOYN for me

Mrs ah-dee:

images (3).jpeg

Mrs ah-dee:

5c15f02fd133f_images(3).jpeg.3294ce44665f5b31d47c15319e06fc1c.jpeg
shame wid

its the opposite of that above. theres f**k all there when you look so no idea why she gets them done. bitches be crazy

another PTTGOYN is it being my morning for a sleep in and ive been awake since 4. suppose ill go see to the dog and let her sleep. you never know, i might get lucky later if i can score a few brownie points!