Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to the missus's to celebrate her wee brother and her pal's birthday yesterday and our token Jewish pal was there as well so dropped into the pound shop to get her some gelt for Hannukah and she was all teary eyed because no-one else had even acknowledged it. She works in the same place as the missus (who also had no idea it was Hannukah) and the work had said/done nothing for it even tho' they do stuff for Diwali, Eid and Christmas. My work also puts something up on the intranet for each of these celebrations and sometimes puts things on for them for staff but, nope, nothing for Hannukah.

I'm an atheist so don't really care for all this pish but if work's gonna do stuff for one of the major religious holidays they should be doing it for all them. Especially my place as we're about a quarter hour's walk away from London's biggest Hasidic Jewish community and when I'm working the front desk probably deal with two or three of them a week. It's not as if they're rare round these parts.

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Went to the missus's to celebrate her wee brother and her pal's birthday yesterday and our token Jewish pal was there as well so dropped into the pound shop to get her some gelt for Hannukah and she was all teary eyed because no-one else had even acknowledged it. She works in the same place as the missus (who also had no idea it was Hannukah) and the work had said/done nothing for it even tho' they do stuff for Diwali, Eid and Christmas. My work also puts something up on the intranet for each of these celebrations and sometimes puts things on for them for staff but, nope, nothing for Hannukah.

I'm an atheist so don't really care for all this pish but if work's gonna do stuff for one of the major religious holidays they should be doing it for all them. Especially my place as we're about a quarter hour's walk away from London's biggest Hasidic Jewish community and when I'm working the front desk probably deal with two or three of them a week. It's not as if they're rare round these parts.

Do they work for the Labour party?

Charity. They've only got about a dozen full time staff members. One Hindu, two Muslim, scattering of Christians and the rest just atheists/agnostics. It's not as if it's a huge organisation and they've just missed out some wee Jewish lassie working in the post room. She works in the same room as these folk and speaks to them daily and wears a Star of David necklace. Just shitebag behaviour to not even acknowledge it to her.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Charity. They've only got about a dozen full time staff members. One Hindu, two Muslim, scattering of Christians and the rest just atheists/agnostics. It's not as if it's a huge organisation and they've just missed out some wee Jewish lassie working in the post room. She works in the same room as these folk and speaks to them daily and wears a Star of David necklace. Just shitebag behaviour to not even acknowledge it to her.

She should have put some decorations up and they would have got the hint.

Coca Cola cherry and Coca Cola original have the same colour label on them and at a glance it can be very easy to mistake one for the other. Not sure why they can’t make it more obvious, I bet a person buys the wrong variety of Coca Cola once every 30 seconds in Britain alone.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Coca Cola cherry and Coca Cola original have the same colour label on them and at a glance it can be very easy to mistake one for the other. Not sure why they can’t make it more obvious, I bet a person buys the wrong variety of Coca Cola once every 30 seconds in Britain alone.

^^^ Got a bollocking from throbbette for buying her Cherry Coke IMO. 

46 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Gonna tell her to wear a yellow badge if no one says anything before Friday

Or you could get your girlfriend to email them all this.

17sc.gif

Edited by welshbairn

Gonna tell her to wear a yellow badge if no one says anything before Friday
Could get all the Jews in the area to, say, identify themselves with, maybe, a star of David armband that is compulsory for them to wear in public. I'm sure nobody has thought of identifying Jews this way and I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong with suggesting it.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Similarly, Rice Krispies Multi Grain Shapes are now in a blue box, as are normal Rice Krispies.

Rice Krispies are ok, Multi Grain Shapes are like eating cardboard.

27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Facebook clogged up with TA guys saying that they have booked a flight to somewhere or "where's everybody staying in....".

No one gives a shit.

I don't have anyone on my Facebook who is saying this and I have people who are "Ta guys" on my Facebook

^^^ booked into all the wrong hotels IMO.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Waking up an hour before the alarm is due to go off, and having to get up as you are bursting for a pee.

Waking up five minutes before your alarm is worse. Do you get out of bed then or go back to sleep till the alarm goes off?