Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Isn't that sort of legalese just to protect themselves from frivolous lawsuits?
Of course it is, which means that these frivolous lawsuits have already been launched, and probably been successful in the past.
It's like the railway rulebook, pretty much every rule in it is an amendment to cover something stupid that someone has done in the past, my personal favourite being " when driving the train you must always be present in the driving cab"

13 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Of course it is, which means that these frivolous lawsuits have already been launched, and probably been successful in the past.
It's like the railway rulebook, pretty much every rule in it is an amendment to cover something stupid that someone has done in the past, my personal favourite being " when driving the train you must always be present in the driving cab"

Someone must have put a brick on the dead man's switch to nip for a slash. 

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Or a bag of peanuts with "may contain nuts".

Cheers neebs, appreciate the heads up.

Gives them a decent out for when you open the bag and discover it's full of gravel.

"Well, we only said it may contain nuts..."

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Adverts for the latest games are bad for this also (Not actual game footage) wrote in small print along the screen.

Uniquely, video game advertising seems to be an exercise in product concealment.

Imagine if the new Marvel film trailer consisted of scenes from the more impressive-looking film they wish they'd made, followed by five seconds of actual clips cut together so fast that you can't tell what you're seeing without hitting pause. Bizarre.

Of course there are.  We need to put "DO NOT EAT" on packets of silica gel because people are too thick to know it's not food.
Ricky Gervais got this spot on - stop putting warnings on those kind of products and the population will be better off if fuckwits eat the stuff.

A range of sporting injuries when I was younger means that, even though I'm not 30 yet, I have one functioning hip and one fucntioning knee (usefully on opposite sides).

Because I'm a moron, this didn't stop me getting involved in a game of 7s yesterday that my friend invited me to. I'm now in complete agony and incapable of getting down a staircase.

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Toy adverts that have the "animated sequence" or "toys do not talk" disclaimer.

Are there really people thick enough to think that Lego can fly around the place or talk? Maybe they should be spending their money on soft toys, with no sharp edges.

Just covering their arses. When Airfix started selling their kits in America they had to ditch the action paintings from the box lids because people complained there was only one plane in the box - they went with a photo of the model sitting on a blueprint of nothing in particular.

Someone must have put a brick on the dead man's switch to nip for a slash. 
Kit bag on it was pretty common practice untill someone ruined it for everyone else by falling out the door while pissing. Thus bringing about the vigilance alarm requiring the dead man switch to be physically reset every 60 seconds.

25 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

A range of sporting injuries when I was younger means that, even though I'm not 30 yet, I have one functioning hip and one fucntioning knee 

Scooter.JPG

Edited by GordonD

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Uniquely, video game advertising seems to be an exercise in product concealment.

Imagine if the new Marvel film trailer consisted of scenes from the more impressive-looking film they wish they'd made, followed by five seconds of actual clips cut together so fast that you can't tell what you're seeing without hitting pause. Bizarre.

Yeah it's like take a look at what you Could've won

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Of course there are.  We need to put "DO NOT EAT" on packets of silica gel because people are too thick to know it's not food.

I used to have a bottle of aspirin with a childproof top. The instructions were "Line up arrows and push off" which I thought was a bit rude and unlikely to cure my headache.