Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Think it's because one ye get to that age ye stop counting your age in half years

You may have a point there.  If you ask somebody in the office how long they've worked there, you'll often get "two and a half years", but never "twenty and a half".

Juveniles.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Until you get to 81.

As my gran got older, she stopped saying her actual age and talked about what she would be on her next birthday, eg “I’m in my 90th year”. This bizzare trait seemed to be present in all her pals at the care home as well, although she definitely did it while she still lived in her own house, so she was probably the p***k that passes it on to all of them.

Anyway, my petty thing today is that I needed to pick up a parcel. The shop is only a 10min walk away, but with it being a nice day, I planned a nice wee walk round the long way, which would see me pick up the parcel on the way back.

Great walk, but did I remember to pick up the parcel? Of course not. I even bought my fucking lunch in the shop I was supposed to collect it from.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

As my gran got older, she stopped saying her actual age and talked about what she would be on her next birthday, eg “I’m in my 90th year”. This bizzare trait seemed to be present in all her pals at the care home as well, although she definitely did it while she still lived in her own house, so she was probably the p***k that passes it on to all of them.

Anyway, my petty thing today is that I needed to pick up a parcel. The shop is only a 10min walk away, but with it being a nice day, I planned a nice wee walk round the long way, which would see me pick up the parcel on the way back.

Great walk, but did I remember to pick up the parcel? Of course not. I even bought my fucking lunch in the shop I was supposed to collect it from.

Silly b*****d.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

People at work that don’t ‘freeze panes’ when they wish to present and discuss information on a spreadsheet.

Usually followed up with

"Oh, why has that happened? That's strange. It didn't do that before. Maybe if I wiggle this cable......no that didn't work. Sorry folks, technology failure. Could someone call IT...."

You’re quite happy quietly listening to your regular radio station starting out on a car journey, when your passenger pipes up, ‘do you mind if I put some music on’? then connect up and proceed to run through their entire Apple Music playlist of repetitive, banal drivel, whilst skipping, pausing & repeating tracks, interspersed with a promise of ‘you’re gonna absolutely LOVE this’.
You quietly seethe for the next hour or so, wishing only, that you could hurl both them and their infernal iPhone out of the fuckin window.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You’re quite happy quietly listening to your regular radio station starting out on a car journey, when your passenger pipes up, ‘do you mind if I put some music on’? then connect up and proceed to run through their entire Apple Music playlist of repetitive, banal drivel, whilst skipping, pausing & repeating tracks, interspersed with a promise of ‘you’re gonna absolutely LOVE this’.
You quietly seethe for the next hour or so, wishing only, that you could hurl both them and their infernal iPhone out of the fuckin window.

Kick the c**t out of the car or grow a pair, why would you allow this to happen?

Let the people sing...and all that [emoji57]

20 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

When I don't have my glasses on my toothpaste and pile cream tubes look very similar.

I was staying on a house boat on the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi, Thailand (not relevant to the story but makes it sound more exotic). I got up one morning and started brushing my teeth with what I obviously thought was toothpaste but turned out to be my girlfriend at the time's Canesten - thrush cream. 

Would not recommend.