Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

International sporting events making vast quantities of cash for the organisation that do so by asking people to volunteer their time to help out, see World Cups, Wimbledon etc.

12 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

International sporting events making vast quantities of cash for the organisation that do so by asking people to volunteer their time to help out, see World Cups, Wimbledon etc.

It's the same with any organisation or business.  Maximise profits by paying staff nothing or as little as they can get away with.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's the same with any organisation or business.  Maximise profits by paying staff nothing or as little as they can get away with.

I think it stinks a bit more when it's FIFA or something similar as they have volunteers working alongside highly paid staff and use expensive celebrities to endorse it. 

UEFA, or the SFA, I can't remember, are asking for volunteers (mugs) for the Euro 2020 games at Hampden.

27 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

UEFA, or the SFA, I can't remember, are asking for volunteers (mugs) for the Euro 2020 games at Hampden.

That's what kind of pissed me off to start with they brought in Martin Compston at presumably huge cost but want volunteers to manage the crowd.

The plane has just rolled up to the gate and we’ve all heard the wee ‘ding’ to confirm this. I’m in the aisle seat reading my book and the woman in the middle seat has just asked me, quite rudely, to get up and let her out.

Why? There isn’t even room to stand and nobody’s going to move for a good 10 minutes. Where the f**k are you going to go?

The plane has just rolled up to the gate and we’ve all heard the wee ‘ding’ to confirm this. I’m in the aisle seat reading my book and the woman in the middle seat has just asked me, quite rudely, to get up and let her out.

Why? There isn’t even room to stand and nobody’s going to move for a good 10 minutes. Where the f**k are you going to go?
Is there enough room for a backswing?

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

DE990708-4230-4BBD-9DD4-F88715499E99.gif.0eb3bc6f5ce7b02c57aa698ee482eb57.gif

What did she do?

I let her out and sat back down again. Because there wasn’t really any room for her in the already crowded aisle, she kept trying to back into the space where I was sitting. Only to be met by my bony elbow.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

I let her out and sat back down again. Because there wasn’t really any room for her in the already crowded aisle, she kept trying to back into the space where I was sitting. Only to be met by my bony elbow.

If I'd been stuck in the middle seat for a long flight I'd be in a foul mood too, especially next to some c**t with bony elbows.

No, for the most part I like to think of myself as a courteous passenger. Middle seat gets both arm rests and all that. Doesn’t mean I want someone’s arse in my face though. At least, not in public.

Adverts on sports fields. Specifically the big ones painted at an angle which shows up ‘properly’ on TV. This weekend, Sky showed my Sea Eagles at the Rabbitohs in the NRL. The stadium had been used for a State of Origin game, so not only was the playing field liberally adorned with large ‘regular season’ painted adverts, but the remnants of the origin adverts were there too.

Similarly, the cricket world cup final between England and the actual winners, New Zealand.... 

How shall I put this? Oh, got it... get them to fcuk*

* the adverts that is, not the England cricket team, or the fcukwit umpires.... nah, they can get to fcuk too.

Edited by pozbaird

41 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Adverts on sports fields. Specifically the big ones painted at an angle which shows up ‘properly’ on TV. This weekend, Sky showed my Sea Eagles at the Rabbitohs in the NRL. The stadium had been used for a State of Origin game, so not only was the playing field liberally adorned with large ‘regular season’ painted adverts, but the remnants of the origin adverts were there too.

Similarly, the cricket world cup final between England and the actual winners, New Zealand.... 

How shall I put this? Oh, got it... get them to fcuk*

* the adverts that is, not the England cricket team, or the fcukwit umpires.... nah, they can get to fcuk too.

Serves you right for watching that shite.