Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 08/12/2019 at 21:57, Hedgecutter said:

The large number of adverts just now that involve people putting on expensive perfume before suddenly going for a swim.  What's the f***ing point in that?

Anyway, they all remind me of this:

The Johnny Depp ‘Sauvage’ advert does my tits in.... ‘I’m on the edge, I’m going to drive into the desert, I’m going to swerve to avoid this stupid fcuking buffalo wandering on the road, I need to bury my jewellery in a big hole, sweat like Prince Andrew doing an interview in a sauna, it’s 100 degrees out there.... but I’ll still smell like a room full of Bangkok ladyboys.... because I splash Sauvage behind my ears’.

Oh,  I pine for the days of Kevin Keegan and Henry Cooper splashing it all over.

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Places like this are fantastic for telling lazy c***s to stop being pathetic babies and carry money like a grown up.

I look forward to these dinosaur businesses shutting their doors. I actively avoid these places like I’m sure plenty of younger folk who don’t carry cash do, so won’t be going back to this place. Once the boomers who enjoy pockets of change die out then it’s goodnight Vienna.

Guest Moomintroll

The Johnny Depp ‘Sauvage’ advert does my tits in.... ‘I’m on the edge, I’m going to drive into the desert, I’m going to swerve to avoid this stupid fcuking buffalo wandering on the road, I need to bury my jewellery in a big hole, sweat like Prince Andrew doing an interview in a sauna, it’s 100 degrees out there.... but I’ll still smell like a room full of Bangkok ladyboys.... because I splash Sauvage behind my ears’.
Oh,  I pine for the days of Kevin Keegan and Henry Cooper splashing it all over.
Prince Andrew doesn't sweat m876.

17 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Cash only places must be money laundering fronts. I see no other justification for such archaic practices.

Yes.

That's it.

No doubt about it. 

Must be for sure.

Just because you can't think of any other reason. 

:lol: 

Cash only places must be money laundering fronts. I see no other justification for such archaic practices.
When I was going through cancer treatmenta few years ago, my daily "commute" took me up Harehills Road in Leeds. In about half a mile, there were fourteen hairdressers, three nail bars/salons, and a couple of mobile phone shops (cases, chargers & unlocking rather than a Carphone Warehouse deal). Every one a legitimate business, I'm sure.

My 92 year old Mother just got a cheery phone call saying "Hi there, it's the Radiology Department for Welshbairn, can you take a message?" Managed to grab the phone off her and calm her down before she shat herself. It was to book a prostrate related MRI scan which may or may not be serious, but you'd think they'd have some guidelines about patient confidentiality. I'd just told her they're doing some standard middle aged man checks. Phoned the hospital and told them only to use my mobile unless it's an emergency.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Image result for kenneth williams

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My 92 year old Mother just got a cheery phone call saying "Hi there, it's the Radiology Department for Welshbairn, can you take a message?" Managed to grab the phone off her and calm her down before she shat herself. It was to book a prostrate related MRI scan which may or may not be serious, but you'd think they'd have some guidelines about patient confidentiality. I'd just told her they're doing some standard middle aged man checks. Phoned the hospital and told them only to use my mobile unless it's an emergency.

I've had mine. And the biopsy. Were you not chatting about this around the same time as I was being referred for these things?

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Wait till until Hancock and Johnson allow “the free flow of information” to outfits like Purdue Pharma and Kaiser Permanente.

I reckon they'll be broadcasting appointments onto the moon using a laser. 

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've had mine. And the biopsy. Were you not chatting about this around the same time as I was being referred for these things?

Aye. We should start a Death Row thread and share tips. 2 scans and a biopsy lined up for next week. Holiday booked for January so if the prognosis is gloomy I'm going to tell them to lay off treatment till I get back. My PSA score was off the charts. Feel fit as a fiddle though, it's weird. If anyone's reading this and over 40, demand a regular check up, the doctor said I'd probably had it for years with next to no symptoms.