Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Bought a bar of chocolate in a shop in the Livingston Centre yesterday. At the till looking to pay for it... ‘Do you know these are three for two at the moment?’ - Yeah, just the one will do though, thanks anyway. ‘Do you have a loyalty card?’ - No, I don’t. ‘Would you like to take one out?’ - No thanks, not in this shop that much. ‘It doesn’t cost anything, and you’ll get 10% off future purchases’ - No, really, thanks anyway. ‘Would you like a bag?’ - No thanks. ‘Do you want a receipt?’ - No, you’re OK.

I just wanted to buy a bar of feckin’ chocolate. Modern life would do yer’ tits in sometimes.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Bought a bar of chocolate in a shop in the Livingston Centre yesterday. At the till looking to pay for it... ‘Do you know these are three for two at the moment?’ - Yeah, just the one will do though, thanks anyway. ‘Do you have a loyalty card?’ - No, I don’t. ‘Would you like to take one out?’ - No thanks, not in this shop that much. ‘It doesn’t cost anything, and you’ll get 10% off future purchases’ - No, really, thanks anyway. ‘Would you like a bag?’ - No thanks. ‘Do you want a receipt?’ - No, you’re OK.

I just wanted to buy a bar of feckin’ chocolate. Modern life would do yer’ tits in sometimes.

I feel you. Unfortunately some stores set their staff a weekly target of loyalty cards they have to sell and if the staff member doesn't hit that number they are called up to the office. They might hate asking you as much as you hate being asked. I agree it is irritating though.

10 hours ago, The Chief said:

I feel you. Unfortunately some stores set their staff a weekly target of loyalty cards they have to sell and if the staff member doesn't hit that number they are called up to the office. They might hate asking you as much as you hate being asked. I agree it is irritating though.

Don’t get me wrong, the exchange between the girl at the till and myself was pleasant, courteous, and my replies were always genuine, I.E. ‘No thanks, I’m not in this shop that often’. I appreciate they, like the folk at the energy company pop-up stands in shopping centres I recently commented on, are doing a job. I always, always, respond to the ‘energy sales’ folk with a polite ‘no thanks’ or equivalent. Keep it short, but deliver it as cheerily as you can muster - given that in my head, I’m actually thinking ‘shove yer energy pop up stand right up yer arsehole’.

It wasn’t the lassie at the till, it was just that it was one bar of feckin’ chocolate. I was right in the mood for a quick, no-nonsense, chocolate v cash money swap situation, where both of us interacted for a brief moment of salesperson - customer bliss. Ooh err missus.

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t get me wrong, the exchange between the girl at the till and myself was pleasant, courteous, and my replies were always genuine, I.E. ‘No thanks, I’m not in this shop that often’. I appreciate they, like the folk at the energy company pop-up stands in shopping centres I recently commented on, are doing a job. I always, always, respond to the ‘energy sales’ folk with a polite ‘no thanks’ or equivalent. Keep it short, but deliver it as cheerily as you can muster - given that in my head, I’m actually thinking ‘shove yer energy pop up stand right up yer arsehole’.

It wasn’t the lassie at the till, it was just that it was one bar of feckin’ chocolate. I was right in the mood for a quick, no-nonsense, chocolate v cash money swap situation, where both of us interacted for a brief moment of salesperson - customer bliss. Ooh err missus.

You've been reading the Business/corporate speak nonsense thread, haven't you?

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Probably should be on the TV thread for this, but....

The way they introduce the judges on Strictly Come Dancing  really does my fucking head in.

In fact the whole show does my fucking head in.

feel your pain, mrs got the shite on.

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I thought this was the old joke;

I asked the shop assistant "Can I have a Kitkat Chunky?"
She handed me a chunky Kitkat.
And I said "Naw, I wanted an ordinary kitkat- ya fat boot"

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Places that are cash only. So fucking irritating. Went into a cafe for breakfast and ordered, then as it’s ready told it’s cash only so have to walk 5 mins in the pissing rain and wind to the closest machine, which charges you to take money out. 

Places like this are fantastic for telling lazy c***s to stop being pathetic babies and carry money like a grown up.