Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, HooseLee said:

Two whole days a week so we are guaranteed peace.  I'd extend it to public transport and other places I haven't thought of yet.  Little irritants 

I have an 8-year old - I'd add 'home' to that list.

49 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

In all my time here, I have always thought you were a follower of that mob, you learn something new every day, sincere apologies a75.

There are two posters called variations of Mr X - the other one is "Mr X." and is a walloper Hearts fan.

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

My latest: folk tying their dogs up outside shops.

The Sainsbury's along from where I live has a couple of bollards right outside it, presumably to protect the cash machine.

Earlier I was in and a guy came and tied his two (large) dogs to the bollards so that they were a couple of feet away from the door at best and, thus, pretty much impossible to avoid when leaving the shop.

A young lad and lassie were leaving the shop just before me and the wee girl in particular was absolutely terrified by these things, she was nearly howling at having to go past. I asked the boy to move his dogs as the wee girl was scared and got the usual "they're no' daein' any harm, they're friendly" shite that other dog owners come out with whenever their dogs go near anywhere else.

What is it with 90%+ of dog owners who think that everyone in the world must fucking love their dugs as well?

I remember the outcry a couple of years ago when a farmer shot a dog for chasing his sheep - during lambing season. The owner was furious and the dog-lovers were up in arms: "He was only playing, he wouldn't have harmed the sheep!"

Point is, the sheep didn't know that.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, you keep saying this but then keep coming back screaming "Why don't people understand and agree with me :( ?!?" 

But people do understand and agree with him. You're the one coming across as a selfish c**t who would refuse to take two steps to take his dogs away from a terrified child.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
emoji38.png

I wonder if Smudger would tie up Biggie before heading into Spar for some snacks?

Smudge would probably pounce at the scent of fear eminating from the child. The child would be the snack before using the bollard as a toothpick. 

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I remember the outcry a couple of years ago when a farmer shot a dog for chasing his sheep - during lambing season. The owner was furious and the dog-lovers were up in arms: "He was only playing, he wouldn't have harmed the sheep!"

Point is, the sheep didn't know that.

Hold on, I've just read back and found this beauty. :lol:

Absolutely superb. We should carry shotguns incase people think dogs are going to eat their children. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

There are two posters called variations of Mr X - the other one is "Mr X." and is a walloper Hearts fan.

Those quotation marks aren't really helpful unless that is his actual username, baffling that I have never noticed this before.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've never seen dogs jumping over folk, or even around outside of shops. In fact, the most I've ever seen dogs do is cry and then usually cower if approached as they feel they've been abandoned. 

I'll usually try to calm the dog. Not once have I been jumped on, slabbered on or anything of the sort. Maybe I'm just exceptionally lucky. 

It's different on walks, granted. 

Dosnt happen an awful lot at work but on the occasion you do get some dogs are barking their wee hearts out or going back n fourth near the door tied up to usually the bike bit getting in the way at times. I think if owners want to tie their dog up while they go shopping they should put the dog away from the main entrance of said shop. Not seeing an issue by doing this. Also not seeing an issue leaving the dog at home while people go shopping. Unless of course the owner dosnt trust the dog to be left alone in the house but does trust it to be left alone outside a shop.

Meh I like dogs. 

Everybody's dug is always a friendly, harmless, playful thing, right up until the point that they have a bad day and chew somebody's face off.

The only way you'll get rid of the laissez-faire attitude to dog ownership is if the owners are punished for their animal's actions in the same way that they would be if they'd permanently maimed somebody themselves. Would be interesting to see how many folk would continue allowing free rein to their domesticated wolf with the threat of a decade in Saughton or Barlinnie hanging over them.

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Everybody's bairn is always a friendly, harmless, playful thing, right up until the point that they have a bad day and chew somebody's face off.

Easily said for this, too. Can we push the same legislation onto parents? 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Humans are far more important and useful than dogs.

i mean, the dog that went into space a few years back even had to get a human to build a rocket for it the useless c**t.

And it couldn’t even steer it back to earth properly. 

Not the best example.

download (2).jpeg

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not the best example.

download (2).jpeg

See the O-ring design on the rockets? Signed off by Fido.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dogs never started Covid 19.

Your move, cementsacks. 

Wuhan is actually Mandarin for “City of Filthy Dogs”.