Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Imagine you're from Midsomer/Taggart's Glasgow/Rebus's Edinburgh and fancy a wee break to get away from all the murrderrs (in the case of Taggart's Glasgow).

You are relaxing in your deckchair when you notice at the same resort is some Belgian detective ponce or an old bag from St Mary Mead...

Doubt anybody from Midsomer would go to an island with so many, ah, people of colour. Some of them aren't even servants!

That 'car' advert that has nothing to do with the car and is simply trying to be edgy by showing a couple of women kissing inside of it on screen.   What's the message - LGBT people exist and some own cars?  Or LGBT issues should get more airtime and this seems like an opportunity to shoehorn some in?  Just screams of 'trying too hard".

Also, perfume adverts that simply have people walking about and exposing a bit of flesh whilst saying absolutely nothing about the product.  So basically all perfume adverts. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 hours ago, anotherchance said:

People photoshopping Messi into their club’s strip, with some patter about he’d never get into the team anyway.

So much this.

Such cracking, original patter...

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So much this.

Such cracking, original patter...

If done properly with a bit of professionalism then some can look pretty decent IMO.  For example...

LMDA.JPG.f6af5309b488ef52e0285012f05fca71.JPG

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 19/08/2020 at 14:53, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ive never tried the red pudding (scotch) from there. I would be surprised if its anywhere near the quality of  an Aberdeenshire one though. 

Quick update on this. Had a red pudding (scotch) the other night. Started off with some great promise with the scent that only a proper red pudding would posses. 

However, it was somewhat disappointing with any flavour being very weak. Texture was a bit shit as well. 

3/10

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Maybe we can finally have that P&B charity fight.... Except it would be in aid of my plight. Busy tomorrow?

Go for it. I’ve just had a load of pizza, chocolate and red bull and there’s no better fighting fuel than that. Not sure there would be £2k in it but we could probably fix it and mop up at the bookies to help you out. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Go for it. I’ve just had a load of pizza, chocolate and red bull and there’s no better fighting fuel than that. Not sure there would be £2k in it but we could probably fix it and mop up at the bookies to help you out. 

Mrs Par says I should spend 45 seconds circling the ring, then go down and stay down. 

Fair play, didnt think she was that into boxing but the fix is in now. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs Par says I should spend 45 seconds circling the ring, then go down and stay down. 

Fair play, didnt think she was that into boxing but the fix is in now. 

Good plan. Will see what odds Paddy Power will give us. 

This is quite a big PTTGOMN: I'm such an addict that even when I see the word "pizza" written I seriously want one. I think I have a problem, out with being a greedy fat b*****d.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just had to do a tax return in which I have been informed I owe them 2 grand.

Keep an eye out for The Bairnardco coming soon.

Just Sevco it, what's the worst that can happen...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe we can finally have that P&B charity fight.... Except it would be in aid of my plight. Busy tomorrow?

Is there enough room in Ruel Street to have a socially distanced crowd for the Shandon v Bairnardo fight? Would Nicola go for it?