Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Broken chocolate tools were also terrific as a bag of nom.

You mean those chocolate tools you got at Christmas? The chocolate was so brittle you risked cutting your mouth on the sharp edges, and it would have been tastier eating the cardboard box.

8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

You mean those chocolate tools you got at Christmas? The chocolate was so brittle you risked cutting your mouth on the sharp edges, and it would have been tastier eating the cardboard box.

Always avoid the chocolate saw.

12 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

has this ever worked for you? Any time I try the bit just twists out anyway and I end up having to drill it out.

I've only ever had to do it (or more precise, the fitter in work has had to) a couple times. Stood in awe the first time I seen it. 

I'd rather it never worked. The longer he's at the machine = the longer I'm in the canteen. 

On 26/08/2020 at 20:23, Bairnardo said:

Just had to do a tax return in which I have been informed I owe them 2 grand.

Presumably you're self employed? Otherwise, how did that happen? Capital gains? Inheritance tax?

Presumably you're self employed? Otherwise, how did that happen? Capital gains? Inheritance tax?
Had this happen to me a few years ago. Someone at work had got a lawyer to look at our training contract from when we started and he worked out that we'd all been slightly underpaid for the first 3 years. Wouldn't have made any tax difference if it had been paid at the time but as it was given as a one off salary adjustment payment it meant that I had to pay back almost every penny of child benefit for that tax year, that was just under 2 grand.

1 minute ago, JamesP_81 said:
33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Had this happen to me a few years ago. Someone at work had got a lawyer to look at our training contract from when we started and he worked out that we'd all been slightly underpaid for the first 3 years. Wouldn't have made any tax difference if it had been paid at the time but as it was given as a one off salary adjustment payment it meant that I had to pay back almost every penny of child benefit for that tax year, that was just under 2 grand.

Hopefully your back pay (more than) covered this, otherwise it would be an even bigger kick in the teeth than it was.

Hopefully your back pay (more than) covered this, otherwise it would be an even bigger kick in the teeth than it was.
Yeah was still a nice wee bonus to get but just a bit annoying when u get a large chunk of it taken straight back off! Also took a good 2 years or so before I finally stopped getting hassle from the tax office wanting tax returns filled out for the past 5 years and one bright spark the next year reducing my tax code to 0 just before Christmas to collect the next year's child benefit back despite me deciding to stop getting it that year!

Yeah was still a nice wee bonus to get but just a bit annoying when u get a large chunk of it taken straight back off! Also took a good 2 years or so before I finally stopped getting hassle from the tax office wanting tax returns filled out for the past 5 years and one bright spark the next year reducing my tax code to 0 just before Christmas to collect the next year's child benefit back despite me deciding to stop getting it that year!
HMRC is an absolute clusterfuck.

They'll write and tell you one thing and the next month the opposite.

I'll give that a bash. It's an Allen key screw thingy, never had it with them before.

Sure it isn't a Torx? Using an Allan key to loosen/tighten will inevitably mash the drive, much like using pozi on Phillips and vice versa. Always using the proper driver saves so much hassle in long run