Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk wearing backpacks but only using one of the shoulders.

Surely a generational thing? Certainly when I was at school anyone wearing double straps were generally oftw. Even now I don't feel right having both on. Wonder what was the catalyst for the change in trends?

51 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's a separate town. Palo Alto and San Francisco are like Methil and Buckhaven, well, but with less tech billionaires.

My Californian geography is seriously lacking, only been to LA airport. Just noticed that Berkeley is miles away too, thought it was in the heart of San Francisco.

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Surely a generational thing? Certainly when I was at school anyone wearing double straps were generally oftw. Even now I don't feel right having both on. Wonder what was the catalyst for the change in trends?

It used to be really uncool to double strap it but practically speaking it is actually really annoying to carry it over one shoulder for any length of time.

Try and bend down to pick something up when you’re one shouldering it. It’s a fiasco.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I hate words like that, horrible construction but useful for describing something. 

How is it useful for describing anything? The word vacation is already perfectly adequate, it literally just means going a holiday, it doesn't specify overseas travel. I'd argue that anycunt using "vacation" in Scotland should also be castrated so that they don't reproduce and pass on their terrible habits to their unfortunate kids but that's just me.

How is it useful for describing anything? The word vacation is already perfectly adequate, it literally just means going a holiday, it doesn't specify overseas travel. I'd argue that anycunt using "vacation" in Scotland should also be castrated so that they don't reproduce and pass on their terrible habits to their unfortunate kids but that's just me.

There's a lot of these Americanisms slipping into every day use here and it really gets on my nerves.

Getting a 'take out' delivered as opposed to a take away. f**k off!

11 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Trying to open one of those plastic bags you get at the fruit/veg bit of a supermarket when you are wearing a mask.

You may have to explain the fruit/veg reference for our West Coast readers.