Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Someone tried to use my RBS card details to pay a phone bill in Australia a few weeks ago, payment refused by bank and card cancelled and replaced. Today someone tried to use my Revolut card details to book an Uber ride in Hong Kong, same. I've passed @MixuFruit 's details to the authorities.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

It's all happening in my bunker under the North Sea, the cool water does all the heat dissipation, my surveillance is 100% carbon neutral.

Using it to drive a whole series of geothermal heat pumps from existing bunkers on terra firma would have been a far more sensible and environmentally friendly option rather than heat up the oceans even more you sea goblin.

6 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

There's a lot of these Americanisms slipping into every day use here and it really gets on my nerves.

Getting a 'take out' delivered as opposed to a take away. f**k off!

Coffee to go.

:barf

I always thought that McEwan's Export was a great looking drink when I was young. My old man used to drink it, would often see cans of them left on the table when I got up on a Sunday morning and thought it looked so cool. with the guy that looked like Captain Hook. "Hook" remains one of my favourite films to this day. 

That was until I tried the stuff when I was about 16 or 17. Absolutely fucking dog-food bowfingly bad. What the f**k, man??? 

My dad's cousin always drank Belhaven Best, which I miss dearly over here as you just can't get anything like it. 

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The one that really annoys me is "step up to the plate". Oh, and "deplane".

My family have gone full Yank, especially the Glasgow based ones. They all post on a Whatsapp group, and it's full of one of them saying they're going to the park, followed by 6 one word replies of "Enjoy!". I think I must have been adopted.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I always thought that McEwan's Export was a great looking drink when I was young. My old man used to drink it, would often see cans of them left on the table when I got up on a Sunday morning and thought it looked so cool. with the guy that looked like Captain Hook. "Hook" remains one of my favourite films to this day. 

That was until I tried the stuff when I was about 16 or 17. Absolutely fucking dog-food bowfingly bad. What the f**k, man??? 

My dad's cousin always drank Belhaven Best, which I miss dearly over here as you just can't get anything like it. 

My old man, being a real ale fiend, drank Greenmantle. I started my drinking career off quite well. Cheers Dad :cheers