Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Did you have your Thistle scarf on? That tends to attract them.

Last time I wore it was at Ochilview when Louis got the record for the total number of appearances of a Scottish player.

Stenny fan "Is that an Alloa scarf"

Me "Naw, it's Meadowbank"

Stenny fan "Aye, and there's a guy with a Third Lanark scarf over there.."

Aye, funny pal. And I secretly hoped the Shire stuffed them in the next derby (they didn't)

Reading comments on twitter about the Waverley incident during the week and some woman tagged her pal saying “you’re lucky this never happened when you were on it four years ago!!!”

FFS.

Edited by IainMorton
Your/You’re

Selling a sofa bed on gumtree and some one agreed to come round for it today at 1330 so we planned our day around about it, tidied the room so we could get it out and took the stairgates off so we could get it downstairs and the c***s haven’t shown up. Not even a message to say what’s going on either. 

39 minutes ago, throbber said:

Selling a sofa bed on gumtree and some one agreed to come round for it today at 1330 so we planned our day around about it, tidied the room so we could get it out and took the stairgates off so we could get it downstairs and the c***s haven’t shown up. Not even a message to say what’s going on either. 

Imagine buying a sofa you've probably sat on masterbating numerous times 

yuck_that_70s_show.gif

Edited by Bert Raccoon

24 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Imagine buying a sofa you've probably sat on masterbating numerous times 

yuck_that_70s_show.gif

It’s actually a freebie. It’s totally shit form to not at least message to say they’re not coming though. Some people are ignorant as f**k.

anyone interested in the bed can still pm me.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s actually a freebie. It’s totally shit form to not at least message to say they’re not coming though. Some people are ignorant as f**k.

anyone interested in the bed can still pm me.

I doubt anyone wants your jizz stained wanking chariot but best of luck.

On 04/09/2020 at 17:05, Stellaboz said:

I always thought that McEwan's Export was a great looking drink when I was young. My old man used to drink it, would often see cans of them left on the table when I got up on a Sunday morning and thought it looked so cool. with the guy that looked like Captain Hook.

Some cool kid on here has him as their avatar IIRC. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Some cool kid on here has him as their avatar IIRC. 

According to Wikipedia it's based on the Laughing Cavalier by Frans Hals and was introduced in the 1930s 

The other logo familiar from Scottish pub signs is "Father William" who was the Younger's logo. He was introduced in the 1920s and was designed by Alfred Leete.

Leete is more famous for designing the WW1 "Kitchener wants you" recruiting poster.

Sold a shirt on eBay back in june.  Listed it as used.

I had to post it to Birmingham but accidently wrote wrong postcode (put BBN instead of BN although rest of address was correct).

Messaged the buyer it was sent and tracking code.

A few days later he raised it with eBay to say had not arrived (rather than contacting me).  We established the postcode problem (and tracking showed royal mail had it in their possession pending delivery).

Obviously there was going to be a delay so I offered that as a matter of goodwill to give a full refund (as it might be returned to sender) but should he receive it then he would just pay cost of shirt and not postage, to which he agreed.

I had forgot about it until the other day.  Turns out the guy signed for it two months ago and has not paid me. 

To make matters worse he actually has an eBay business selling designer label stuff and has my USED shirt listed as "Brand New Without Tags" (with a Buy It Now prices of 4 times what he was meant to have paid).

Got to wonder how many other used items he has listed as "new".

Email of complaint fired off to eBay...fecking chancer.

Edited by Sugar_Army

On 04/09/2020 at 19:31, Hedgecutter said:

At risk of sounding like an 80yo, the inability to exit the BBC red button service without  first backing up through every single level to get to the home page which is the only place you can push text to exit.  

If you are with Sky, do you not just press the Sky button to come right out?  Used to be able to do that.  Presume virgin etc have a similar button too. 

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Wasn’t that Pale Ale, maybe one and the same anyway? I remember they used to sell bottled pale in long necks. 

Green was pale ale, red was export.

I'd tried them as a child at New Year (It happened in those days) and thought they were vile. Tried again when I moved on from lager. Neither is that good and IPA or red beers now are completely different drinks.