Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been periodically hitting the reset on my troublesome boiler, to no avail all lastnight and today.

Fucking things only gone and fired up there..... Good for heating and hot water, not ideal for boiler guy to do fault finding tomorrow.

Maybe it was sleeping.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Been periodically hitting the reset on my troublesome boiler, to no avail all lastnight and today.

Fucking things only gone and fired up there..... Good for heating and hot water, not ideal for boiler guy to do fault finding tomorrow.

Brother in law bought a house a couple of weeks ago, boiler was fucked when he moved in.

Got an engineer report, engineer confirmed that boiler was fecked, and system should be condemned as unsafe.

BiL reported this to seller solicitor via his solicitor.

Seller requested to get his own engineer visit done too.

Seller engineer arrived, boiler fired up no problem, and has worked ever since.

Boilers are b*****ds.

"native habits you've picked up and are embarrassed about" for this pish, perhaps.

I've been picking up Doric phrases over the years and now mostly converse in it (with my pseudo weegie accent) and it is, I think, the highest form of Scots. It's a delight.

But Aberdonians have this filthy habit of saying stuff like "that forks" or "this books", using a singular (accusative?) pronoun with a plural noun. At best it's idiosyncratic, at worst it's illiterate nonsense and I've managed to avoid this.

Until today I referred to "that claes" and I now think I need to take a vow of silence for a bit. Shameful.

Edited by velo army

Guy doing the commentary on the Olympics opening ceremony just said "twenty oh six" referring to the year 2006. Not having this.
Looking forward to seeing the crossover between folk who say this and the folk who were recently outed as being unable to read a phone number properly.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

"native habits you've picked up and are embarrassed about" for this pish, perhaps.

I've been picking up Doric phrases over the years and now mostly converse in it (with my pseudo weegie accent) and it is, I think, the highest form of Scots. It's a delight.

But Aberdonians have this filthy habit of saying stuff like "that forks" or "this books", using a singular (accusative?) pronoun with a plural noun. At best it's idiosyncratic, at worst it's illiterate nonsense and I've managed to avoid this.

Until today I referred to "that claes" and I now think I need to take a vow of silence for a bit. Shameful.

6/10

'at claes

3 hours ago, velo army said:

If only you hadn't stopped stepping out with that lovely, more mature teacher. I'm sure she could have provided you with the correct 'discipline'.

Actual pttgomn.

Food products that have nutrition information "per 100g" but don't put the weight of the product on the packaging, giving me no context for said nutrition info numbers. Presumably they expect folk to cut about doing their messages with a set of scales up their jook.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Actual pttgomn.

Food products that have nutrition information "per 100g" but don't put the weight of the product on the packaging, giving me no context for said nutrition info numbers. Presumably they expect folk to cut about doing their messages with a set of scales up their jook.

When that happens, I just assume the packet is 100g.

I may have put on some weight recently

43 minutes ago, velo army said:

Actual pttgomn.

Brexit m8. It wuz the French that made us put the weights on.

Calling the electricity company (it’s all electric here so no gas) because my bills went up in November from £80 per month to £300 per month.

Anyway I phoned to see if they have other tariffs etc and get advice as every outlet everywhere tells you to do and she’s giving me deckchairs on the Titanic stuff about saving £10 a year by not filling the kettle and £50 a year by unplugging everything at the wall.  

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER FEW GRAND I AM GOING TO OWE BY THEN???? 50 quid isn’t even a weeks worth at the moment. 

Fucking Shambles.

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Calling the electricity company (it’s all electric here so no gas) because my bills went up in November from £80 per month to £300 per month.

Anyway I phoned to see if they have other tariffs etc and get advice as every outlet everywhere tells you to do and she’s giving me deckchairs on the Titanic stuff about saving £10 a year by not filling the kettle and £50 a year by unplugging everything at the wall.  

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER FEW GRAND I AM GOING TO OWE BY THEN???? 50 quid isn’t even a weeks worth at the moment. 

Fucking Shambles.

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves

Every little helps

etc etc

Went to click into the All Other Sports section and because of the ad causing the page to bounce about clicked on the Wrestling forum instead.

Cheers Div, now going to have to spend my Saturday morning phoning up the police to explain that I’m not a nonce, it was the adverts fault.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Fucking Shambles.

What company is this? 

I have been with OVO since 2016. Paid a steady amount every month that covered the bill. £140. Then about a year ago I started getting messages saying that I should increase my direct debit to £387 a month. I phoned them up and they said it was a new system bedding in, and to ignore it. 

I guess the question is - what has increased? Your price per kWh? Usage? Or their estimate?