Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Don’t mean to sound harsh, but captive market? 
Airport? Ferry? Motorway Services? Bring your own sustenance to these situations. Then smugly indulge yourself while watching everyone complain about the prices. 

I'd say a hospital pretty much is a captive market. 

On 03/09/2023 at 21:01, Cosmic Joe said:

The wearing of wigs in Scottish courts. 

In fact the wearing of headgear for no reasonable purpose. The polis, when it's not raining for example.. 

Only Sheriffs, Judges, Advocates and High Court Clerks wear wigs.

Mainly to distinguish the snooty tossers from scummy Justices of the Peace, hack lawyers and dogsbody clerks of the Sheriff Court. I mean lift up horsehair and there's the likelihood you'll find a horse's arse underneath 

I qualify for using PDSA for the mutts, however I pay a monthly thing that covers boosters, worming and couple health checks a year plus insurance. I decided that I'd only use them if I absolutely have to. Shadow needed spayed, anything upward of £350 so I paid the £120 to PDSA 

What rips my knitting is bams walking in designer gear, some mashed faced designer dug they've paid £000's for and then using a charity.

I'd rather the dog was cared for obviously but you just know they're making no contribution.

4 hours ago, Eednud said:

Most of this and other stuff not in sight will be well past the best before date before Christmas.

IMG_9743.jpeg

Tesco had their Christmas display up yesterday with a sign saying "Did someone say Christmas?" 

No, cuntos. Nobody did. 

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Loaves of bread too big for a toaster.

What's the f**king point?

image.png.3ee3878c9c60ab13e7c1fef3941b2c9d.png

I watch 'Jolly' on YouTube as I find the boy Olly quite entertaining (Josh, I'd smash his face into the table) and they bought a Toaster and bean cooking contraption.  I'm sure it's the same one that poaches an egg as well bit anyway; they put bread in the toaster to make "beans on toast" and at least a third of the ficking bread was hanging out. They were seeing if it was worth the money and waited on the results. The result was determined at the start of the test. Get that toaster in the bin.

When the police say they can't afford to investigate low level crimes so the public can just go f**k themselves, but then they go and buy themselves jetskis so they can chase people using canoes inconsiderately.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-dorset-66682005

12 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Don’t mean to sound harsh, but captive market? 
Airport? Ferry? Motorway Services? Bring your own sustenance to these situations. Then smugly indulge yourself while watching everyone complain about the prices. 

The pictures is another one. Fortunately - at least in America - there's a way round it.

Snickers gun.jpg

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

I qualify for using PDSA for the mutts, however I pay a monthly thing that covers boosters, worming and couple health checks a year plus insurance. I decided that I'd only use them if I absolutely have to. Shadow needed spayed, anything upward of £350 so I paid the £120 to PDSA 

What rips my knitting is bams walking in designer gear, some mashed faced designer dug they've paid £000's for and then using a charity.

I'd rather the dog was cared for obviously but you just know they're making no contribution.

I know a guy who obviously earns really good money - big house, souped up Audi etc and cuts about like the big I am. His two designer dugs are registered in his in-laws name who must qualify, and the auld boy takes them to PDSA for all their treatment. Detestable cnut.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

I know a guy who obviously earns really good money - big house, souped up Audi etc and cuts about like the big I am. His two designer dugs are registered in his in-laws name who must qualify, and the auld boy takes them to PDSA for all their treatment. Detestable cnut.

I'm more than happy to pay for what I can afford and have them insured too but the cost of spaying her at the regular vet was horrendous. For spaying it was significantly less but boosters aren't that much different. 

You're asked to make a contribution for any other treatment, they probably don't! 

As I said I wouldn't see an animal suffer but when the owners got Dolce on one trainer and Gabanna on other I question priorities.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I've never seen a polis with an umbrella. You might be onto something though, an umbrella could double as a weapon. 

"Markov was assassinated on a London street via a micro-engineered pellet that might have contained ricin.[2] Contemporary newspaper accounts reported that he had been stabbed in the leg with an umbrella delivering a poisoned pellet, wielded by someone associated with the Bulgarian Secret Service.[3] Annabel Markov recalled her husband's view about the umbrella, telling the BBC's Panorama programme, in April 1979, "He felt a jab in his thigh. He looked around and there was a man behind him who'd apologized and dropped an umbrella. I got the impression as he told the story that the jab hadn't been inflicted by the umbrella but that the man had dropped the umbrella as cover to hide his face."[4] It was reported after the fall of the Soviet Union that the Soviet KGB had assisted the Bulgarian Secret Service.[5]["

This happened when I was 6. I was suspicious of blokes with brollies for years afterwards.

21 hours ago, RH33 said:

My ex was a vet nurse and worked at a PDSA for a bit and there was a guy with a French Bulldog (might’ve got that wrong) that was pregnant and he took the dog in for some routine stuff/medication. He was bragging that he was going to “punt” the puppies for close to a grand each making over 5 grand in total for the full litter.

Didn’t contribute anything towards the time/work provided for his pregnant dog though and had no intention of doing so when his “earnings” came in.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great there’s such a thing as the PDSA but like almost everything there’s a way to game the system. 

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My ex was a vet nurse and worked at a PDSA for a bit and there was a guy with a French Bulldog (might’ve got that wrong) that was pregnant and he took the dog in for some routine stuff/medication. He was bragging that he was going to “punt” the puppies for close to a grand each making over 5 grand in total for the full litter.

Didn’t contribute anything towards the time/work provided for his pregnant dog though and had no intention of doing so when his “earnings” came in.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great there’s such a thing as the PDSA but like almost everything there’s a way to game the system. 

I was at an Alloa v Falkirk game in the early 90s,and the chant to the ball boys was "Would you like to see some puppies? Like to see some puppies? Na na na na... Na na na na" 

Won't get that nowadays. Flaming woke Guardian reading Corbynistas. 

Edited by scottsdad