Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 04/10/2023 at 17:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

I know. I know this because years ago when I started posting on here I saw people say Graun or Grauniad - posters of a certain type - and I had no idea what they were talking about and had to look it up. Hideous patter that probably dates from the days of black and white. Get it to f**k.

I refer you to the answer given regarding the question of the amount of damages in the case Arkell v Pressdram

Arkell v. Pressdram - by Shaun Usher - Letters of Note

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I thought they did that ages ago?

Maybe, I've been buying the ones with the old style labels to get the good stuff but couldn't find any in the shop today.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Maybe, I've been buying the ones with the old style labels to get the good stuff but couldn't find any in the shop today.

Orange Lucozade used to be one of my go-to drinks but I bought some post-sugar tax recipe change and it was gash as f**k. 

21 minutes ago, Empty It said:

They've tweaked the flavour of orange lucozade and its now shite.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Orange Lucozade used to be one of my go-to drinks but I bought some post-sugar tax recipe change and it was gash as f**k. 

Big team found

Before the sugar tax, orange Lucozade had about 50% of your daily recommended amount of sugar in it. This went down to ~16% after the tax came in. I didn't mind that new taste and I don't mind the new one either. It's still quite syrupy and tastes like an orange was involved somewhere in the manufacturing process, rather than just chemicals.

Earlier I had a sandwich advertised as 'ham, tomato & cheese, which was a PTTGOYN on two levels:

1) It contained ham, tomato, cheese & lettuce.  I'm not sure what I expected them to do tbh given that you can't list every ingredient on a label, but it irked me that  only the lettuce was omitted.

2) Shirley it should read 'cheese & tomato', not 'tomato & cheese'.

Won't be back.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Earlier I had a sandwich advertised as 'ham, tomato & cheese, which was a PTTGOYN on two levels:

1) It contained ham, tomato, cheese & lettuce.  I'm not sure what I expected them to do tbh given that you can't list every ingredient on a label, but it irked me that  only the lettuce was omitted.

Won't be back.

Aye, f**k that stealth salad! They all do it, but M&S are the worst offenders. If my sandwich has ~50% spinach in it I at least expect to see that mentioned somewhere in the small print, but no. 

38 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Won't be back.

They’re supposed to list the proportionately larger ingredient first, aren’t they? For example. a potato and meat pie has a higher tuber to dead animal ratio  than a meat and potato pie.
I think. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Won't be back.

I hate stealth cucumber. An absolutely disgusting ingredient which taints everything it touches.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Won't be back.

It’s also inconsistent with the concept of sandwiches like BLT’s. There the lettuce is advertised and the ingredients are in alphabetical order…maybe it should be a “cheese, ham, lettuce and tomato” sandwich?

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Before the sugar tax, orange Lucozade had about 50% of your daily recommended amount of sugar in it. This went down to ~16% after the tax came in. I didn't mind that new taste and I don't mind the new one either. It's still quite syrupy and tastes like an orange was involved somewhere in the manufacturing process, rather than just chemicals.

When I was but a lad, Lucozade was a drink you bought in the chemist for when you were ill and couldn't eat, and was intentionally sweet. Nobody then would have ever thought of drinking it as a normal day to day drink. 

37 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

When I was but a lad, Lucozade was a drink you bought in the chemist for when you were ill and couldn't eat, and was intentionally sweet. Nobody then would have ever thought of drinking it as a normal day to day drink. 

Yep. It had crinkly amber coloured paper round it too. I remember it well.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

1. Tea.

2. Lucozade.

3. Fanta Orange.

4. Scottish tap water.

5. Lager.