Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Train companies advising passengers not to travel on routes they have already cancelled.

Unless a lot of people just walk the route anyway if they can't get a train.

Scotrail being able to refund tickets bought on a website via the website but having to phone someone up and speak to a human for tickets bought on the app.

Edited by invergowrie arab

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Various tradesmen turning up early.  That's been a few on the trot now.  Since when did this become a thing??? 🤔

They might be trying to avoid traffic. I work with someone sometimes and he will be at work for 7.30am as he travels from Livingston to Edinburgh every day. He is usually away home for 2.30 as well. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Various tradesmen turning up early.  That's been a few on the trot now.  Since when did this become a thing??? 🤔

I had a call from a customer today asking what time I'd be starting work at his house on Thursday, as he isn't usually up too early.

I said not to worry, I have to collect some stuff first so I'll be there after 9, at which point he informs me he usually gets up around noon!

15 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I had a call from @Hedgecutter today asking what time I'd be starting work at his house on Thursday, as he isn't usually up too early.

I said not to worry, I have to collect some stuff first so I'll be there after 9, at which point he informs me he usually gets up around noon!

FTFY

21 hours ago, Ken Ickie said:

Personal care suppliers on  products such as shampoo and shower gel listing components such as eau and parfum when it is plainly water and perfume.....

Some of my favourite "people are absolute marks" patter comes from such products. I love seeing completely made up, sciencey sounding terms like "contains thickenol for thicker looking hair" 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some of my favourite "people are absolute marks" patter comes from such products. I love seeing completely made up, sciencey sounding terms like "contains thickenol for thicker looking hair" 

See also products like razors or electric toothbrushes with nonsensical words in the model name.

Gillette Mach 3 Premium Predator Turbo etc.