Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Visiting the wife in hospital just now and not ten feet from me, the mother of a teenage boy is haranguing the staff to allow her to bring in a bag of chips. Apparently he's been turning up his nose at hospital food because the only thing he eats ( and I stress only) is chips and hot dog sausages.  

They're letting her take them in.

spoilt.jpg.f57e3aff5bd8d724cd7c45544e9a4e86.jpg

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Haud oan P&B. @BFTD is sitting in the Wetherspoons in Alloa (The Bobbing John iirc) at 11am on a (presumably) not particularly special Monday morning yet no one fronts up to challenge this apparently jakeball behaviour? 

I must be holding myself to outdated Presbyterian standards.  

Fried breakfast with his pint of Carling, its not all unhealthy.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Queen's Park are the absolute masters at making an erse of these and have been as long as I can remember.

Didn't one of the national managers (Roxburgh? Brown?) demonstrate a statistical 'balls into the box/resulting number of goals' ratio?

I hate short corners as well, or free kicks being played sideways or short. Get the ball into the box FFS!

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Didn't one of the national managers (Roxburgh? Brown?) demonstrate a statistical 'balls into the box/resulting number of goals' ratio?

I hate short corners as well, or free kicks being played sideways or short. Get the ball into the box FFS!

I think both Roxburgh and Brown played for QP. Their experience of short corners at the club would explain why they preferred the ball being banged over 

28 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

At the checkout and the assistant scans all the breakable/ fragile stuff before dealing with the cans and totties, so you have to wait to fill your bag.

Shouldn't the fragiles be the last thing you put on the belt, ergo being the last to be scanned and the last to be packed ?

Obviously you were never a Boy Scout.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

At the checkout and the assistant scans all the breakable/ fragile stuff before dealing with the cans and totties, so you have to wait to fill your bag.

Surely this is down to how you load stuff on the conveyer?

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Players covering their mouths when they talk because they imagine teams of analysts sit at banks of cameras relaying their secrets to the opposition in real time for the St Mirren v Livingston game. 

This is absolutely one of those things that folk have seen top sports stars do in a high stakes environment and thought "I want to be just like them ". Have even seen this being played out in my boy's u10s matches along with ridiculous exaggeration of injuries and putting a hand up at corners. "What was the hand up for at the corner ?" 

" I don't know but I've seen players do it on the telly "  

Edited by JamesP_81
Typo

Trying to change my email on Hotels.com. I used my work email but I've changed jobs and can't access that email address any more. Trying to change my registered email, it sends a code to my old email to verify my identity. 

Emailed their "support" line explaining this and they apologised, then sent a verification code to my old email.

8 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Two 30/40 year old women with trolleys at the self scan checkouts having a conversation as they slowly scan whilst a queue of 5/6 builds up behind them. They weren't even scanning at points 

Were u just in the queue in Aldi at the same time as me ?? Exactly the same thing just happened in front of me! 

On 28/11/2023 at 12:16, Steelly said:

When you are at a supermarket checkout and have one item and the person in front of you has a trolley full and do not offer to let you go before them. Obviously they are not obliged to but it is nice to be nice.

I had to stop an old woman in B&M last week because folk were just taking the piss and she would have been there all day.