Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Did fine fare not turn into Gateway ? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong as was just a young lad when my mum would drag me round them both.  

Sure it went Fine Fare then Gateway then finally Sommerfield, the one in Hamilton certainly did 

On 02/07/2024 at 13:53, MEADOWXI said:

The Edinburgh Military Tattoo advert on GHR in the style of those Cornish p***k singers that were all the rage a couple of years ago.

Hated them then, hate the advert now, and if that the best that Cornwall has to offer as culture they are all close enough to it to all f**k off into the sea.

Cornwall's a bit like Edinburgh in that it's now full of home counties wankers that the real natives loathe. 

Vote Mebyon Kernow

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know weather forecasts aren't hugely reliable in the sort of 2 week range.... but looking at it up to the 17th of July and seeing rain every day has me pretty seething

F**k it, we’ll take it. There’s an almost unprecedented cold front due to come through Texas this weekend, and the highs next week have fallen to 32 (on one day) with a 30-50% chance of rain three days. Overnight lows may actually hit 21 (for one day)…

11 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Sure it went Fine Fare then Gateway then finally Sommerfield, the one in Hamilton certainly did 

Same in Alloa. I worked in the Somerfield for 3 years. 

It has since been broken up into a few smaller shops. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know weather forecasts aren't hugely reliable in the sort of 2 week range.... but looking at it up to the 17th of July and seeing rain every day has me pretty seething

I'm looking for a 2 day dry period to get a 2nd coat of paint on the porch, and there is nothing in the foreseeable.

So, that was it - summer was a week in early June.

Pish country

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

If it was 12° in October I'd have the heating on, making a pot of soup and getting ready to hunker down. But it's f@cking July 🤬 

Woke up this morning and my heating had clicked on. Usually it doesn't from April to September but this year it has been on a lot in June/July.

16 hours ago, coprolite said:

They definitely do this on purpose. If you reverse the order they’ll not reach over bananas and eggs to get to tins and bottles and will just put the bananas through first. 

This, hygiene, and avoiding small talk is why self scan is the only viable option

Touching the same parts of a screen as hundreds of manky b*****ds before you is more hygienic? 😳

(anyway, it was Lidl where they only give you the option of 2 manned and two unmanned tills at peak time)

ETA: I've been down to the infirmary in Kirkcaldy for a few day trips recently and every time I've been shocked at how most folk don't wash their hands when finished in the bog.  Not even a half-arsed token rinse.  In a hospital ffs.  I won't go into detail about the schemies scrapping around the place, so I'll just say that midweek daytime visits can be, let's say... 'interesting'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Touching the same parts of a screen as hundreds of manky b*****ds before you is more hygienic? 😳

(anyway, it was Lidl where they only give you the option of 2 manned and two unmanned tills at peak time)

My Tesco sanitises them after every use.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I'm looking for a 2 day dry period to get a 2nd coat of paint on the porch, and there is nothing in the foreseeable.

So, that was it - summer was a week in early June.

Pish country

'Middle Class Scottish Things' thread for this pish.................