Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Central Heating? 

boxer.thumb.jpg.f126f0f480622cf66a2bbfe33afc54e4.jpg

I'm thinking of just putting on a shirt

Geordie Tamthebam? Along with the shirt, maybe a looser pair of trousers may be called for in that picture. There is being excited to do a photoshoot, and then there is they trousers. 

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

ETA: I've been down to the infirmary in Kirkcaldy for a few day trips recently and every time I've been shocked at how most folk don't wash their hands when finished in the bog.  Not even a half-arsed token rinse.  In a hospital ffs.  I won't go into detail about the schemies scrapping around the place, so I'll just say that midweek daytime visits can be, let's say... 'interesting'.

Was in Ayr on Saturday and an auld fella who was obviously a regular in the pub we were in (Rabbie's) walked out of the bogs without washing his hands, and when I emerged after washing mine, he was in the process of greeting a table of unwitting golfers who'd just arrived with pishy fingered handshakes. Manky auld fvkr.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Touching the same parts of a screen as hundreds of manky b*****ds before you is more hygienic? 😳

(anyway, it was Lidl where they only give you the option of 2 manned and two unmanned tills at peak time)

ETA: I've been down to the infirmary in Kirkcaldy for a few day trips recently and every time I've been shocked at how most folk don't wash their hands when finished in the bog.  Not even a half-arsed token rinse.  In a hospital ffs.  I won't go into detail about the schemies scrapping around the place, so I'll just say that midweek daytime visits can be, let's say... 'interesting'.

I work there, i know exactly what you mean. Annoys me no end out and about and especially in there. As for the “characters” kicking about, certainly makes for as you say an “interesting” day. 

10 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Was in Ayr on Saturday and an auld fella who was obviously a regular in the pub we were in (Rabbie's) walked out of the bogs without washing his hands, and when I emerged after washing mine, he was in the process of greeting a table of unwitting golfers who'd just arrived with pishy fingered handshakes. Manky auld fvkr.

No harm done then. 

11 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

A similar thing happened to me in Edinburgh Airport, except the manky fella in question walked straight out and behind the counter of the sushi bar.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

A similar thing happened to me in Edinburgh Airport, except the manky fella in question walked straight out and behind the counter of the sushi bar.

Fish and Pish - almost the same things! 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Can anyone explain to me why estate agents have started putting photos of themselves on For Sale signs? Wankers, whatever the reason. 

Put a face to the name, people you can trust! Go various websites, lawyers firms particularly, and click on "meet the team". We even have an internal one in my work. I often amuse myself looking through these galleries of horror.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Put a face to the name, people you can trust! Go various websites, lawyers firms particularly, and click on "meet the team". We even have an internal one in my work. I often amuse myself looking through these galleries of horror.

We've got a new website being built and I was told to supply a photo. Had to use an AI thing to create one with a smile.

Harrumph 

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We've got a new website being built and I was told to supply a photo. Had to use an AI thing to create one with a smile.

Harrumph 

Never occurred to me. We had to get new ones done for web and ID cards. The guy doing it just used my photo taken 14 years ago as there were no real changes. I didn't know whether to laugh of cry.

There is one very senior colleague who started recently. I was amazed someone so young had achieved her post. Imagine my surprise when real life intervened.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never occurred to me. We had to get new ones done for web and ID cards. The guy doing it just used my photo taken 14 years ago as there were no real changes. I didn't know whether to laugh of cry.

There is one very senior colleague who started recently. I was amazed someone so young had achieved her post. Imagine my surprise when real life intervened.

Our Head Office was in Swindon and I did my best to avoid it as much as possible. When I did get dragged in I discovered the LinkedIn pictures of the office lassies were absolutely nothing like the reality.  (shudder) 

26 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The new Paul Heaton song that references "fish and chip supper".

I know fish supper wouldn't fit into the lyrics, but still 😡

It's made you really angry. Old Red Eyes is back. You should Keep it all in. It's just a Song for Whoever albeit not a Perfect 10.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It's made you really angry. Old Red Eyes is back. You should Keep it all in. It's just a Song for Whoever albeit not a Perfect 10.

If you had a little time you could have thought of a better pun than that.