Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 02/08/2024 at 12:16, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't know that I've ever heard a sea shanty. I don't think I've ever seen someone say something good about them, so I think that's a good thing.

Actually was running the Spotify's "Sea Shanty Bangers" playlist earlier today.

9 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Nathan Evans IS like a pandemic. A pandemic of the ears.

Someone please shut him and his modern twee Scots nonsense up.

I somehow can't see him supporting Alestorm, that's for sure

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Both. Don't you recall this was a "thing" during the heights of the Pandemic? 

I do, I was just being a smartarse. As in, it being a 'thing' once was enough. 🙂

Back to being a commuter.

WFH 2 days a week but 3 days a week have to travel by bus. It ain't the longest journey, only about 15-20mins but folk are annoying.

If you on the bus every day why do you have to ask the driver 'how much to Altens?' every day, surely you should have some form of memory to retain the same info you are told every day.

Have your purse, wallet, card, phone, ticket ready as you get to the driver, when you get to the driver is not the time to start rooting in your bag or pockets or pressing 47 buttons on your phone to get to the right app.

And why wait till the bus stops before getting off your seat to leave, seems to be a new young folk thing, press the button and sit on your arse till the bus stops and doors open, then decide to saunter down the bus to exit, not only delaying everything unnecessarily but causing another pileup at the door as folk getting on don't see anyone getting off and start to get on and look for their ticket in their bag because that the Aberdonian way.

If you hear of the X8 being hijacked and driven into the harbour I snapped one Thursday afternoon.

4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

And why wait till the bus stops before getting off your seat to leave,

My PTTGOMN is the opposite: folk who think "That's us just past Lenzie, better move towards the exit now, otherwise I might miss Queen Street where the train terminates anyway." They also tend to be the sorts to have been in a mad rush for the exit yet stand about and dawdle on their phones as soon as they touch the platform, blocking the path of people who would actually like to get somewhere in good time.

My other PTTGOMN is folks' behaviour during fire alarms. One went off at my work and the majority of folk just sat about, some even started walking upstairs. Obviously I don't want anyone to experience an actual fire, but I would quite like those people to experience an actual fire.

Not one thing in particular, and possibly not petty but:

The chance Trump might win a second term

Ongoing genocide in Gaza that’s being largely ignored (or supported) by the most influential countries

Racists running riot in the UK with the authorities apparently having limited ability to stop it.

All in all a pretty shit time.

10 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

And why wait till the bus stops before getting off your seat to leave, seems to be a new young folk thing, press the button and sit on your arse till the bus stops and doors open, then decide to saunter down the bus to exit, not only delaying everything unnecessarily but causing another pileup at the door as folk getting on don't see anyone getting off and start to get on and look for their ticket in their bag because that the Aberdonian way.

Happens in Edinburgh too- when some clown is trying to exit as I'm getting on they usually get a sly kick

19 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Back to being a commuter.

WFH 2 days a week but 3 days a week have to travel by bus. It ain't the longest journey, only about 15-20mins but folk are annoying.

If you on the bus every day why do you have to ask the driver 'how much to Altens?' every day, surely you should have some form of memory to retain the same info you are told every day.

Have your purse, wallet, card, phone, ticket ready as you get to the driver, when you get to the driver is not the time to start rooting in your bag or pockets or pressing 47 buttons on your phone to get to the right app.

If you hear of the X8 being hijacked and driven into the harbour I snapped one Thursday afternoon.

Fine if you're an octopus! 

20 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Whilst a justifiable gripe, I've seen signs on buses that say some form of "please remain seated until the bus comes to a stop", almost certainly just to cover their arses if folk not holding a rail fall over when bus does its little jolt thing as it stops.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Whilst a justifiable gripe, I've seen signs on buses that say some form of "please remain seated until the bus comes to a stop", almost certainly just to cover their arses if folk not holding a rail fall over when bus does its little jolt thing as it stops.

I remember a girl from our school getting launched off her high heels and down the stairwell (Saturday evening bus into town, early 90s-very likely hooched off her nut) in that very scenario. 

Was very funny.