Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It doesn't matter, that's why it's petty 

FWIW I hold my fork in my right if not using my knife but instantly switch when the knife comes into play. Mainly because that's how it should be done instead of awkwardly holding the fork vertically while trying to tear the food with the knife.

You need to work on your fork skills! I can't say I've ever held my fork vertically when using a knife and fork. 

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It doesn't matter, that's why it's petty 

FWIW I hold my fork in my right if not using my knife but instantly switch when the knife comes into play. Mainly because that's how it should be done instead of awkwardly holding the fork vertically while trying to tear the food with the knife.

I thought it was just me. Thank you 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

The best bits of the Bible are in the Quran, and it's got added conquest and stuff, so i'd guess it's better. I haven't read it though. 

They're both kind of compilation albums though. The bible has a few chronic fillers (numbers ffs) but classic tracks like Exodus pop up remixed in the quran. Disc 2 of the bible is noticeably duller than disc 1, like on the Now albums where they put all Bryan Adams and Heart together. 

Bhagvad Gita is magic though. 

Very much enjoying the Now That's What I Call Theology idea.

Did everyone else get a free copy of the New Testament when leaving school? We got one at the end of Primary School and it only just occurred to me how weird that is. I think my son might have got one too.

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I dont drink tea, because it's shit. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Calling the Scottish Premiership the “SPFL”. 

Confusing the two should lead to a short ban from posting on here IMO 

@DA Baracus - you need to start some kind of cult or union based upon these fundamental principles, as they seem to be catching on.

I'd join too, but reserve the right to be a hypocrite about icea tea/coffee on occasion.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Pock up “The Book of Mormon” instead, then insist that Jesus and God are separate people…stay mum on the Holy Spirit…and watch him sweat.

I've occasionally been curious about the Mormons, as some of the stuff you hear about their beliefs are mental and/or hilarious. Unfortunately, the creepy boys in the black ties you see dotting about occasionally don't seem the type who'd take well to an innocent probing about their magic underpants.

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've occasionally been curious about the Mormons, as some of the stuff you hear about their beliefs are mental and/or hilarious. Unfortunately, the creepy boys in the black ties you see dotting about occasionally don't seem the type who'd take well to an innocent probing about their magic underpants.

There’s a Chinese boy in my work who came to Dundee in the late 90s, his English wasn’t great. He then hit upon the idea that inviting folk like the Jehovahs and the Mormons into his house to chat in English would help. About 6 months later I asked him how it was going, and he told me they refuse to come anywhere near him now. And his English was worse than ever. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Is it Mormons who believe in golden discs buried under New York City?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Very much enjoying the Now That's What I Call Theology idea.

Did everyone else get a free copy of the New Testament when leaving school? We got one at the end of Primary School and it only just occurred to me how weird that is. I think my son might have got one too.

Some years back, Mr. Khan, the owner of Kebab Mahal in Nicholson Square in Capital City used to have a stack of Qurans on the counter. He always encouraged us infidels to take one, which I did one night. 

It's still languishing on a shelf somewhere.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Got one when I was in First Year. I think it was supplied by the Gideon Society, who are the people who put copies in hotel rooms.

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Some years back, Mr. Khan, the owner of Kebab Mahal in Nicholson Square in Capital City used to have a stack of Qurans on the counter. He always encouraged us infidels to take one, which I did one night. 

That's fair. I'm not a fan of religion at all, but followers of Islam generally seem less likely to doorstop you about their beliefs, or creepily hang around on street corners trying to recruit converts.

There's the wee problem about lunatics wanting to blow people up or hack non-believers to death, but it's hardly the only religion to have a violent lunacy phase. Some might say that's a good reason not to get involved with any of them  :unsure:

27 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Got one when I was in First Year. I think it was supplied by the Gideon Society, who are the people who put copies in hotel rooms.

Someone submitted a confession on Fesshole that whenever they stay in a hotel they sign the room Bible "Best wishes, JC".

56 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

@thistledo

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Someone submitted a confession on Fesshole that whenever they stay in a hotel they sign the room Bible "Best wishes, JC".

Saw something a while back where a guy said he would leave a wee leaflet inside with contact details for organisations that deprogramme people looking to leave cults, but that's a cracker  :P

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You need to work on your fork skills! I can't say I've ever held my fork vertically when using a knife and fork. 

The knife in your right hand means you can cut your food easily when you're right handed rather than pulling it apart. It's also something your parents should have taught you so it's not really your fault I suppose.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

That's fair. I'm not a fan of religion at all, but followers of Islam generally seem less likely to doorstop you about their beliefs, or creepily hang around on street corners trying to recruit converts.

There's the wee problem about lunatics wanting to blow people up or hack non-believers to death, but it's hardly the only religion to have a violent lunacy phase. Some might say that's a good reason not to get involved with any of them  :unsure:

Word.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

The knife in your right hand means you can cut your food easily when you're right handed rather than pulling it apart. It's also something your parents should have taught you so it's not really your fault I suppose.

Yeah, I'm perfectly capable of using a knife in my left hand to cut food. You're not seriously suggesting you couldn't cut food without tearing it? 

Maybe this is why it began, when knives were blunt and needed force to cut. But in this day and age there's absolutely no logical reason for doing it. 

I was at the Cowal Games this weekend. One of Scotlands premier occasions, full of tourists, world championships for highland dancing eyes of the world watching etc etc. 

They ask Martin Compston to be the chieftain and he turns up dressed like a Greenock tramp. 

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I was at the Cowal Games this weekend. One of Scotlands premier occasions, full of tourists, world championships for highland dancing eyes of the world watching etc etc. 

They ask Martin Compston to be the chieftain and he turns up dressed like a Greenock tramp. 

Out of interest, how did he hold his cutlery?